Rugby Union

Good game at Sale last night. Quins aren’t all that.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It was a good, close game and the better team (on the night) won.

In other news:

I'm sure backs will be allowed to wear suspenders and stockings.
How soon will Nike/adidas/under armour come put with some super-slippery apparel?

How soon will Nike/adidas/under armour come put with some super-slippery apparel?
Similar concept to the 'slippery' swimming togs and this courtesy of Kathy Freeman, at the Sydney Olympics:

download.jpg

We are a little bit down that path already in rugby with jerseys so tight that props sometimes have trouble getting their bind.

Similar concept to the 'slippery' swimming togs and this courtesy of Kathy Freeman, at the Sydney Olympics:

View attachment 610155

We are a little bit down that path already in rugby with jerseys so tight that props sometimes have trouble getting their bind.
The 'slippiness' of aerodynamics vs slippiness of slipping out off tackles.
While I can see the logic of tights for the reasons given - astroturf - it is also a boon for players who have to stand about getting cold as the ref and TV official toss about for 5 minutes around which blade of grass the ball touched, or whether the attacking no 13 was a millimetre off side.

Watch some club (Stade Francais?) come up with weird designs

The 'slippiness' of aerodynamics vs slippiness of slipping out off tackles.
While I can see the logic of tights for the reasons given - astroturf - it is also a boon for players who have to stand about getting cold as the ref and TV official toss about for 5 minutes around which blade of grass the ball touched, or whether the attacking no 13 was a millimetre off side.

Watch some club (Stade Francais?) come up with weird designs
The astroturf angle is a fair one, but while I accept the differences between different slippinesses (if that's a word) it seems to be all about looking for the increasingly smaller advantages to be gained from technology. While I've noticed that players these days don't even tie the draw cords on their shorts.

The astroturf angle is a fair one, but while I accept the differences between different slippinesses (if that's a word) it seems to be all about looking for the increasingly smaller advantages to be gained from technology. While I've noticed that players these days don't even tie the draw cords on their shorts.
Can you imagine Billy Beaumont in tights?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

The phrase is "accumulation of marginal gains"

Popularised by Team GB cycling in 2012 Olympics.

When they are a number of set parameters dictated by the laws, then the only way to gain an advantage is in small amounts spread across a variety of areas. Added together they can give a significant margin

The phrase is "accumulation of marginal gains"

Popularised by Team GB cycling in 2012 Olympics.

When they are a number of set parameters dictated by the laws, then the only way to gain an advantage is in small amounts spread across a variety of areas. Added together they can give a significant margin
I was trying to think of that expression, thanks.

Maybe the new law should state leggings can be worn on artificial surfaces, but never on grass ffs!

Has anyone been watching BT Sport? That Wasps arsèhole wittering on about the name of Exeter Chiefs? The name isn’t offensive, it’s the opposite. This ridiculous woke boll0cks has to be stopped. There’s now some Native American on there saying it’s mocking, offensive and is leading to suicides. I’ve never heard so much shite in all my days. Just fcuk off.

Has anyone been watching BT Sport? That Wasps arsèhole wittering on about the name of Exeter Chiefs? The name isn’t offensive, it’s the opposite. This ridiculous woke boll0cks has to be stopped. There’s now some Native American on there saying it’s mocking, offensive and is leading to suicides. I’ve never heard so much shite in all my days. Just fcuk off.
Where the fcuk did they find a 'native american'? Oh wait... did I NOT predict this the other day?

England squad for autumn Tests:

Forwards:
Jamie Blamire (Newcastle), Callum Chick (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter), Tom Curry (Sale), Trevor Davison (Newcastle), Nic Dolly (Leicester), Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins), Charlie Ewels (Bath), Ellis Genge (Leicester), Jonny Hill (Exeter), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Lewis Ludlam (Northampton), Joe Marler (Harlequins), George Martin (Leicester), Sam Simmonds (Exeter), Kyle Sinckler (Bristol), Will Stuart (Bath), Sam Underhill (Bath)

Backs: Mark Atkinson (Gloucester), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Tommy Freeman (Northampton), George Furbank (Northampton), Max Malins (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester), Raffi Quirke (Sale), Adam Radwan (Newcastle), Harry Randall (Bristol), Henry Slade (Exeter), Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Freddie Steward (Leicester), Manu Tuilagi (Sale), Anthony Watson (Bath), Ben Youngs (Leicester)

England squad for autumn Tests:

Forwards:
Jamie Blamire (Newcastle), Callum Chick (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter), Tom Curry (Sale), Trevor Davison (Newcastle), Nic Dolly (Leicester), Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins), Charlie Ewels (Bath), Ellis Genge (Leicester), Jonny Hill (Exeter), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Lewis Ludlam (Northampton), Joe Marler (Harlequins), George Martin (Leicester), Sam Simmonds (Exeter), Kyle Sinckler (Bristol), Will Stuart (Bath), Sam Underhill (Bath)

Backs: Mark Atkinson (Gloucester), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Tommy Freeman (Northampton), George Furbank (Northampton), Max Malins (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester), Raffi Quirke (Sale), Adam Radwan (Newcastle), Harry Randall (Bristol), Henry Slade (Exeter), Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Freddie Steward (Leicester), Manu Tuilagi (Sale), Anthony Watson (Bath), Ben Youngs (Leicester)
If Marcus Smith doesn't start at no.10, there will be a strongly worded letter winging it's way to HQ!

Marler, Cowan-Dickie, Sinckler, front row.................me like lots.

Last edited:

Latest Threads