Rugby Union

TamH70

MIA
I still have fond memories of Jeff Probyn bleating like a lamb about that.
I still have fond memories of the England squad's bottles crashing when Sole and his players walked on the pitch like they just didn't care. Mostly because I could hear the sound of it sitting in my flat clear across the country before the telly played it.

But the best bit was all the hype that The Sun gave in the run-up to the game - that England was going to cruise to a victory. Well, that and Tony Stanger's try, obviously, as that was a thing of rare beauty.

I still have fond memories of the England squad's bottles crashing when Sole and his players walked on the pitch like they just didn't care. Mostly because I could hear the sound of it sitting in my flat clear across the country before the telly played it.

But the best bit was all the hype that The Sun gave in the run-up to the game - that England was going to cruise to a victory. Well, that and Tony Stanger's try, obviously, as that was a thing of rare beauty.
Yep, all of that, but Jeff Probyn’s whining about how unfair it all was for Sole to cut the sleeve off his jersey was priceless.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I was at RMAS at the time.

That evening on chalkboards outside the various platoon lines, the numbers 13-7 kept appearing!

There's an interesting article in today's Times about Cips and how he got to where he is.

Fundamentally, it seems he's seriously in need of a strong mentor and someone willing to invest masses of time in him. Without it, and even possibly with it, he never misses a chance to miss a chance.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Rugby Australia has said that they would host the Lions tour against SA.

Profits from the tour to be split between Lions and SA, after Australia have covered their costs.

London Scottish decline DCMS loans to play 1st XV

London Scottish confirms today that the Club will not be taking 10 year government loans through the Sports Winter Survival Package in order to play 10 loss-making matches in the reduced format Championship. These are matches which the Club’s members and supporters are unlikely to be able to attend and which run the risk of sudden postponement owing to Covid.

The current Board has been working to a three year plan to drive the Club to a sustainable break-even future after years of annual deficits. These efforts were on track to be achieved this season even after the unilateral RFU funding cuts to the Championship announced in February 2020 which resulted in the Club transitioning from a full-time model to part-time. Sadly, however, the arrival of the pandemic has resulted in further cuts to central funding and closed down all normal commercial activity which means no income for 12 months.

Club Chairman Malcolm Offord said: “Unfortunately, we have been offered loans, not grants, to help us survive Covid. Much as we all desperately wish to see London Scottish competing on the pitch, we do not believe the solution to short-term losses is taking on long term loans. Director of Rugby, Matt Williams, has put together a great squad for this season and we are all bitterly disappointed, especially for the players, that we won’t get the chance to see them play. But we must put the long term sustainable future of the Club first for the benefit of our members, staff, shareholders, sponsors and supporters.”

The players will remain on furlough under their existing contracts and the Club will work with them to assist their next moves.

Vaguely rugby related - my brother has just sent me this:

146431246_123944062941519_2535292314194729012_n.jpg

TamH70

MIA
The #DoddieAid community has raised a staggering £1 million for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
A fantastic charity that helped out when my MiL needed a downstairs bathroom. Doddie is as much an inspiration off the pitch as he was on it.

On a lighter note Briss win a scrappy hard fought battle away to Glaws. We are still top but the injury count is rising with Nathan Hughes off with yet another knee injury.

Bad CO

Admin
Super Rugby AU has kicked off in Brisbane with the Queensland Reds hosting the NSW Waratahs. At half time it is 27 - 7 to the Reds. Go you good thing.

It is hot and humid, not surprisingly, and an interesting Super Rugby variation is that players red carded can be replaced after 20 minutes. The Waratahs are helping this variation by supplying a player for this.

E2A: full time score: 41 - 7.

Last edited:
If this proposal comes to pass then it would be a fantastic addition to NH rugby.

If their addition makes it the Pro 17 then the obvious answer would be to merge the two Italian teams. This would be another great boost for the competition after 4 new SA teams were announced

Latest Threads