Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Statistics

War Hero
Women's Premier 15s competition now officially paused. They can train next week, but socially distanced, no contact allowed. Don't think there was any other choice to be honest.

Any other rumours you want to share?
I gave the Lang one on here a couple of weeks ago. Young Ritchie is getting a new contract offer in next few days/ next week.
Scotland back-row Jamie Ritchie has committed his future to Edinburgh Rugby by signing the longest contract in the club’s history.

1610627318246.png

;-)

Last edited:
Alex Sanderson taking over at Sale:

I realise that many here will regard him as 'tainted' being from Sarries . . .
Sale have got a great coach If he signs. Sarries loss definitely. Those that see him as tainted are the muppets.

An option to keep some rugby on the go this year

Australia are open to hosting a "mini World Cup" this summer to keep the international calendar going amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

That won’t be popular with everyone. There is already some ticking about tennis players being allowed in for the Australian Open whilst some thousands of Australian Nationals are still stuck abroad

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes, Dubai was selling itself as a Covid free destination, methinks someone was telling porkies, if I can use that phrase
I was hoping to go there in March for a week for a break as I have a friend who lives there and has a spare room but the way this is all panning out, thats an unlikely option now so it looks like I’ll be holidaying in Costa Del Aldershot

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was hoping to go there in March for a week for a break as I have a friend who lives there and has a spare room but the way this is all panning out, thats an unlikely option now so it looks like I’ll be holidaying in Costa Del Aldershot
I think people will need to get used to the idea of Staycations. I hope this brings down the cost of holidaying in the UK, which imo, is one of the main reasons people go abroad.

The End-of-Season rugby tours will be seriously affected this year as well I suspect. :)

Personally I hate not being able to travel. I love getting a flight to LA and renting a car then disappearing into the desert for a couple of weeks of solitude. That’s why Dubai appealed. The place leaves me cold but my friend loves exploring out in the desert.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Annual Toony tombola out today with "Boom Boom" Redpath expected to be announced in the squad
Whether they actually get a game is still in doubt.

Eddie Jones self-isolating, as Coach Proudfoot tested positive for Covid.
I can see the 6 Nations disolving into farce as it becomes a case of who can play/coach. As we have seen previously France have an extremely good "B" team. England too have plenty of rescources in terms of available players. The other nations however would be unfairly penalised as they have a smaller pool of players.
It would be a shame if results are determined by who has the largest pool of players. I don't want to see the 6 Nations cancelled but I also don't want it turned into a COVID lottery!

Statistics

War Hero
I can see the 6 Nations disolving into farce as it becomes a case of who can play/coach. As we have seen previously France have an extremely good "B" team. England too have plenty of rescources in terms of available players. The other nations however would be unfairly penalised as they have a smaller pool of players.
It would be a shame if results are determined by who has the largest pool of players. I don't want to see the 6 Nations cancelled but I also don't want it turned into a COVID lottery!

I think that's a great point, I'm mad keen to watch the 6N, but not if it becomes a bit of a Covid farce. As you say England/France have "viable" B Squads..., watching with keen interest to see what happens with the Lions Tour.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anybody developed a rugby Subetteo game yet? 6Nations Subetteo :)

Latest Threads