Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Agreed Georgia Italy would be a good game. I would fancy Georgia on this showing so far.
Georgia are not the push over they once were, would like to see them play Italy
Agreed, and as pointed out in the half time pundit commentary, Georgia are improving every time they get to play a top tier team. Point to note though is that Italy finished the tournament with a better points difference and competition points than....... Wales!

Pivac under pressure? Wonder why.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Anything other than the front 3 are suspect...from a former tight head

Master Fang is a player of the modern style, He can play front 3, although enjoys hooking, can't throw in at line outs. Played all his childhood and school days in teh front 3
However as an adult found he slots in easily at flanker.
And happy enough at centre. Had more than a few games on the wing but approaching mid twenties is losing a bot of speed.

We now when he's been playing in the backs, he just doesn't mention it much!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ireland kicking penalties rather than kicking for the corer at the 60minute mark, a distinct lack of ambition.

Master Fang is a player of the modern style, He can play front 3, although enjoys hooking, can't throw in at line outs. Played all his childhood and school days in teh front 3
However as an adult found he slots in easily at flanker.
And happy enough at centre. Had more than a few games on the wing but approaching mid twenties is losing a bot of speed.

We now when he's been playing in the backs, he just doesn't mention it much!
Could play front 3 as well, although preferred tight, hooking was fun but not for me as a preferred position.

The 2nd tier nations are never going to improve if they don't get exposure to tier1 opposition. I have enjoyed watching Georgia they play with a physicality that Italy seem to lack.

The 2nd tier nations are never going to improve if they don't get exposure to tier1 opposition. I have enjoyed watching Georgia they play with a physicality that Italy seem to lack.

The first step should be their establishing a club and playing on a regular basis in the Pro 14 and the Challenge Cup. SA are providing 4 of their best teams to augment the competition so there is scope to develop what is an obvious source of rugby talent.

Think these Irish players know theyve been in a game
Georgian defence was awesome, the clear training directive was for a hard defence and accept any attacking scraps you can get. They should be congratulated for playing in the true spirt of this fantastic game. Fujians might be a touch worried.

Georgian defence was awesome, the clear training directive was for a hard defence and accept any attacking scraps you can get. They should be congratulated for playing in the true spirt of this fantastic game. Fujians might be a touch worried.

From a fan of the Irish team that was at best, depressing. Farrell and the other coaches are going to take the game back a decade. Being as polite as I can after watching that game, Farrell was the wrong selection for the job.

From a fan of the Irish team that was at best, depressing. Farrell and the other coaches are going to take the game back a decade. Being as polite as I can after watching that game, Farrell was the wrong selection for the job.
Both Farrell and Pivac are proving that taking over a national team from successful long term managers can be a poisoned chalice

Both Farrell and Pivac are proving that taking over a national team from successful long term managers can be a poisoned chalice

Pivac was at least creative and successful with Scarlets. Farrell is just a continuation of a coaching style that was found out years ago.

Latest Threads