Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Yup Wales always play out of their skins against England, Eddie probably won't be thrilled but he will be fairly happy

Wales did not “play out of their skins” today. They were poor. On the back foot most of the game, gave away a bucketload of penalties.

I thought England were a bit toothless, given they were much the stronger side.

But there we are. Sport is a very subjective thing and part of the fun is agreeing to disagree afterwards. Enjoy your beers all, if thats what you’re doing. I am!

So having a whine cos the ref wouldn't listen to AWJ
Colour me unsurprised that the bitterest rugby nation of all have gone full retard the very first time a referee doesn't blatanty favour them against England.

Imagine how they'd react if they had to deal with being an England fan, the way referees usually go about seeing us off...

So having a whine cos the ref wouldn't listen to AWJ

To be fair it was Dan Biggar who did most of the whining.

England were the better team and deserved the win. There is no doubt about that.

I do think there were some dodgy decisions. Taking Biggar out in the air was one of them, having seen the replay. But that try by England was tip top, to be fair.

The Welsh hooker was pinged for a late tackle on Youngs when he seemed fairly committed to the tackle, whereas Farrell was allowed to take out Rees-Zammit after he had kicked ahead, and he was no more committed to the tackle than Ryan Elias had been. There we are - some you win, some you lose.

But dodgy decisions aside - you get them in every game, and they are magnified when you support the team that they go against - it still remains the fact that overall England was the better team.

Wales have a lot of work to do. There were signs today of some possibility of progress, but we need to be focussing on that - on improving ourselves, not about whining about hard luck stories which frankly would not have changed the result in any event.

Well done England, and also well done Wales for the improvement shown. Let’s hope Pivac turns it round in the relatively near future.

Perhaps if Wyn Jones and Biggar hadn't been so busy telling him how to do his job, it might have been different.

Biggar, yes. The man is an ocean going cock. Which is a shame because he could be a top class fly half.

AWJ, I don’t agree with you. He is the captain and is the one who should be talking to the ref.

Don’t forget that England has it’s own petulant, ocean going *******. No names no pack drill, no-one wants to be calling Owen Farrell out after all, do they?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Biggar, yes. The man is an ocean going cock. Which is a shame because he could be a top class fly half.

AWJ, I don’t agree with you. He is the captain and is the one who should be talking to the ref.

Don’t forget that England has it’s own petulant, ocean going *******. No names no pack drill, no-one wants to be calling Owen Farrell out after all, do they?
Did Farrell get told off by the ref, oh no he didn't, did England get marched back after a penalty? Why no they didn't. It's as is if Wales were at fault. Yet more proof that nobody ever beats Wales, just score more points.

Did Farrell get told off by the ref, oh no he didn't, did England get marched back after a penalty? Why no they didn't. It's as is if Wales were at fault.

I agree with you that Wales were indisciplined (come back Shaun Edwards!) All day I have said consistently that Wales were indisciplined. In particular I abhor the antics of Dan Biggar (which I think I may have mentioned).

I have been quite clear that England were the better team and deserved the win.

None of that is in issue.

However, that doesn’t mean that England were a bunch of angels who did nothing wrong. And it doesn’t mean that all of Romain Poite’s decisions were bang on. They weren’t.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I agree with you that Wales were indisciplined (come back Shaun Edwards!) All day I have said consistently that Wales were indisciplined. In particular I abhor the antics of Dan Biggar (which I think I may have mentioned).

I have been quite clear that England were the better team and deserved the win.

None of that is in issue.

However, that doesn’t mean that England were a bunch of angels who did nothing wrong. And it doesn’t mean that all of Romain Poite’s decisions were bang on. They weren’t.
Yet you dragged Farrell into it for no reason.

Crikey, what do you want of me? Hari Kiri?

Not for no reason. I was comparing two late tackles and the way the ref dealt with them. I don’t say it would have changed the game. But I do think that in that particular microcosm it was inconsistent refereeing.

Crikey, what do you want of me? Hari Kiri?

Not for no reason. I was comparing two late tackles and the way the ref dealt with them. I don’t say it would have changed the game. But I do think that in that particular microcosm it was inconsistent refereeing.
Totally agree but regardless of what we write - it's just Welsh whinging.... so theres no point. When nationalism takes over .... I'm a rugby fan and dont mind losing. As you pointed out several times the best team won on the day. It was still a poor game, made no better by a bad day at the office by the ref.

Well done England though

Totally agree but regardless of what we write - it's just Welsh whinging.... so theres no point. When nationalism takes over .... I'm a rugby fan and dont mind losing. As you pointed out several times the best team won on the day. It was still a poor game, made no better by a bad day at the office by the ref.

Well done England though
I hasten to add I usually find Poite to be a good ref

Latest Threads