Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
OK, different code, but the final between St Helens and Wigan is an absolute cracker.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I laughed at the thought of Brian Moore turning up for work at court and people thinking he was the accused.
Why would they? He's not blick! ;)

I played for Old Caterhamians, who were in one of the lower London leagues, and two of the more memorable opposition were Battersea Ironsides (who all had a tattoo of a MK1 tank on their arse) and The Law Society.

Memorable for their villainous ignoring of the laws and their propensity for violence.

Delighted that after a fantastic start last week, Sale have found their old form and managed to play like dog toffee against Newcastle.
Newcastle 15 - 13 Sale

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Always good to remind the Albanians just who the top dogs are in the North.

(We'll still be in a relegation fight at the end of the season though)

My comments above are not meant to take away from Falcons who wanted it more and brought an intensity that Sale couldnt match. Fair play to Falcons.

Quick question.
If there is a wee contretemps between players when we gentlemen play, it is referred to as ‘handbags’.
When the same happens in a distaff match, as occurred earlier in this Fr v Eng game, is it still ‘handbags’, or do Arrsers have an alternative phrase?

You'll have to find some other word or phrase to use now, the BBC it seems have decided the use of the word "handbags" doesn't meet their standards, and after one pundit used the term some listeners advised they had been offended.

Luckily in this case the guilty party has been merely suspended for a few months rather than sacked.

BBC football pundit suspended for referring to players' scuffle as 'handbags' (msn.com)

Last edited:
You'll have to find some other word or phrase to use now, the BBC it seems have decided the use of the word "handbags" doesn't meet their standards and after one pundit used the term some listeners advised they had been defended.

Luckily in this case the guilty party has been merely suspended for a few months rather than sacked.

BBC football pundit suspended for referring to players' scuffle as 'handbags' (msn.com)
Does that mean I can no longer describe a minor get together as like two shirtlfters arguing over the soft furnishings catalogue?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
received_1024690201365834.jpeg

This has raised a few comments

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Comments such as "so what?".
More likely concerning the misunderstanding of the word British. Still, for a Spanish company I suppose that is par for the course :)