Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

The RFU has confirmed they will donate 400 tickets to NHS workers as Twickenham will welcome the return of fans when England play their final match of the Autumn Nations Cup.​

“We are delighted to be able to welcome 2,000 fans to Twickenham for the final Quilter International as part of the Autumn Nations Cup on December 6,” RFU chief executive Bill Sweeney said.

CONFIRMED | Fans will return to Twickenham for Autumn Nations Cup finale | Ruck
Bloody NHS workers again, do these people not realise that the NHS weren't the key workers during this pandemic and some of us are actually England Rugby Supporters Club members!

Bloody NHS workers again, do these people not realise that the NHS weren't the key workers during this pandemic and some of us are actually England Rugby Supporters Club members!

The 400 free tickets should go to the NHS head shed, who have been instrumental in keeping the show on the road.

The people on the ground should be satisfied with a round of applause and get cracking with their jobs.

To be fair to the NHS, they are just the recipients of that kind offer from the RFU.

It is the RFU who have decided that virtue signalling is more important than rewarding their long standing and loyal supporter base.

To be fair to the NHS, they are just the recipients of that kind offer from the RFU.

It is the RFU who have decided that virtue signalling is more important than rewarding their long standing and loyal supporter base.
And to be fair the RFU have done the same for the military and military based charities for years. Although Joker does have a valid point that members and season ticket holders are often left out because the clubs know they are loyal and will fork out the dosh.

The way that law is written at the moment, a crooked feed makes little difference anyway. There is almost no way for the opposing scrum to legally compete for the ball.

The scrum-half may align their shoulder on the middle line of the scrum, thereby standing a shoulder-width closer to their side of the scrum.
It has got so that the put in at scrums is more akin to League than Union.

I may be misremembering, but wasn't there a law which had the hooker's toes behind the touchline when throwing into the lineout?
You are correct. I was doing AR at Glasgow v Ulster and Rory Best was stood with heels on the line, next lineout I said "Rory try being behind the line from now on" with a smile on my face "No problem" with a smile was the reply.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

If it makes you happier I haven't been offered one either

You are correct. I was doing AR at Glasgow v Ulster and Rory Best was stood with heels on the line, next lineout I said "Rory try being behind the line from now on" with a smile on my face "No problem" with a smile was the reply.
Sensible reffing and a sensible reply. Rory then knew that a further infringement would result in a foul throw. Reffing the scrums re crocked feed is easy in a similar fashion. I admit that Nigel is right
Refs spend so much time looking at binding, feet position etc. etc. they miss the basics. Scrummaging has got far too complicated. We should go back to pack down, knee the opposition 2nd row in the face, abuse the opposition hooker and get in a cheeky punch at the break. But God forbid you have a crooked feed or foot up!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If it makes you happier I haven't been offered one either
There will be 400 NHS staff with a nice little winner as the tickets will be worth a few bob! One way to get a bonus.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sensible reffing and a sensible reply. Rory then knew that a further infringement would result in a foul throw. Reffing the scrums re crocked feed is easy in a similar fashion. I admit that Nigel is right
Refs spend so much time looking at binding, feet position etc. etc. they miss the basics. Scrummaging has got far too complicated. We should go back to pack down, knee the opposition 2nd row in the face, abuse the opposition hooker and get in a cheeky punch at the break. But God forbid you have a crooked feed or foot up!

My preferred bind as a tighthead was onto the opposition hooker's hand.

Apparently it was annoying if you can't flap to let the 9 know you wanted the ball in.

At least I think that was what the swearing meant.

My preferred bind as a tighthead was onto the opposition hooker's hand.

Apparently it was annoying if you can't flap to let the 9 know you wanted the ball in.

At least I think that was what the swearing meant.
I'm shocked you were in the front row, you appear to be coherent & able to form words of more than two syllables.

Does someone post for you? ;)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm shocked you were in the front row, you appear to be coherent & able to form words of more than two syllables.

Does someone post for you? ;)

Some of us can read and write, and on special occasions walk without knuckles dragging on the ground. :biggrin:

Latest Threads