Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That would be telling. I, however do not wear a skirt/long socks/small knife ensemble!

(Certain arrsers might get over-excited.)

What, no dead badger?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That's sad. A nippy wee player who knew how to score and wind up the opposition.

Very sad news about Dominici

it appears that he may have taken his own life.
how tragic. RIP

I was musing earlier this evening about the England rugby squad. And a question crossed my mind, I wonder when England last had so many players in the squad from a club not playing in the Premiership?

And on another note, I do enjoy watching The Next Level vlogs about the England team 'in camp' and during/after their last international. Interesting to watch the players at work and play, particularly some of the training methods and drills. This is the latest, it will probably only appeal to England fans:

England team to face Wales​

England: Daly; Joseph, Slade, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Launchbury, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Hill, Earl, Willis, Robson, Watson.

England team to face Wales​

England: Daly; Joseph, Slade, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Launchbury, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Hill, Earl, Willis, Robson, Watson.
A good front eight.
As always the game will be a nail biter as the Welsh always up their game and passion when playing the English but with no crowd in MS are they going to keep the roof closed?!

I’ve heard the name “Jaco van der Walt” mentioned as someone on the verge of being selected to play international rugby. Sounds like a South African walting as a Scot to me!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’ve heard the name “Jaco van der Walt” mentioned as someone on the verge of being selected to play international rugby. Sounds like a South African walting as a Scot to me!

It's pronounced Jock

Scottish Rugby had the second stage of their AGM

The meeting heard that, last season, a World Cup year with only four home international matches at BT Murrayfield, compared to six the previous season, Scottish Rugby had been on track to deliver turnover of £59 million.

But, he said, the effects of the virus in the last few months of the 2019-20 season, meant turnover came in at £55.5million, down from the £61million in the previous season.

Dodson reported that Scottish Rugby’s share of CVC investment in the PRO14 – a deal that had been piloted from the outset by Scottish Rugby – enabled the Union to record a surplus before interest and tax of just over £3million for the 2019-20 season.

He warned, however, that the ongoing effects of Covid, particularly the absence of spectators, could result in the loss of £18million to the business by May 2021, making it imperative that Scottish Rugby continued to work in tandem with Government to secure the return of crowds as swiftly and safely as possible or receive some rescue package to offset the draining absence of turnstile income.

He explained that the financial information he referenced tonight was subject to final audit and would be presented to member clubs for their scrutiny and approval at the third stage of the AGM in December.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Scottish Rugby had the second stage of their AGM

The meeting heard that, last season, a World Cup year with only four home international matches at BT Murrayfield, compared to six the previous season, Scottish Rugby had been on track to deliver turnover of £59 million.

But, he said, the effects of the virus in the last few months of the 2019-20 season, meant turnover came in at £55.5million, down from the £61million in the previous season.

Dodson reported that Scottish Rugby’s share of CVC investment in the PRO14 – a deal that had been piloted from the outset by Scottish Rugby – enabled the Union to record a surplus before interest and tax of just over £3million for the 2019-20 season.

He warned, however, that the ongoing effects of Covid, particularly the absence of spectators, could result in the loss of £18million to the business by May 2021, making it imperative that Scottish Rugby continued to work in tandem with Government to secure the return of crowds as swiftly and safely as possible or receive some rescue package to offset the draining absence of turnstile income.

He explained that the financial information he referenced tonight was subject to final audit and would be presented to member clubs for their scrutiny and approval at the third stage of the AGM in December.

Not easy at club level either with no matches to speak of.

Latest Threads