Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

TMO needs to be fair to both sides Georgia have been penalised for high tackles at rucks but she failed to notice Liam Williams and couple of others doing the same thing for Wales

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
TMO needs to be fair to both sides Georgia have been penalised for high tackles at rucks but she failed to notice Liam Williams and couple of others doing the same thing for Wales
Agreed, she is probably watching Housewives of Wagga Wagga or something :plotting:

Still not seeing why Georgia are being considered to replace Italy in the 6 nations . Big pack and some very brief flashes of good Individual players but not coherent. Just not ready yet

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still not seeing why Georgia are being considered to replace Italy in the 6 nations . Big pack and some very brief flashes of good Individual players but not coherent. Just not ready yet

Both Italy and Georgia have played Scotland this month.

As good an indication of the gulf between the 2 of them.

We were always taught that as you caught the ball, you had to plant a heel in the pitch, thereby creating the ‘mark’, and yell ‘Mark’ at the same time.
As you say, the imminent arrival of opposition forwards could be intimidating.
Yes me too but that was when wingers threw in at lineouts and tries were worth 3 points

And the only boots worth wearing were Cotton Oxfords.
Bloody new fangled crap. Proper boots had a strap over the instep, and the studs were round leather washers with four nails driven through them into the soles. Proper raking kit!

Bloody new fangled crap. Proper boots had a strap over the instep, and the studs were round leather washers with four nails driven through them into the soles. Proper raking kit!
Presumably with the outboard ends of the nails sharpened, as used by rough boys in the Bristol area, against whom my School in Taunton used to play!

I knew you were getting on, but ...
The family all chipped in to buy my uncle a pair of Cotton Oxfords when he was selected to play for Wales in the late 1940s.

Well played England. Worthy winners. Ireland bartered hard in the second half but the English defence was phenomenal.

it says a lot when I feel disappointed that we didn’t Nil them.
I think England have been wanting to get stuck into some South Africans since the World Cup final. For me, a regulation win by a very well-coached England. Ireland were poor.

1606040144890.png

Guru walt
I actually think that the game next week will be close. As usual, the Welsh will be up for the game as it’s their World Cup final. That’s not arrogance, it’s just how it is for them. So I expect Wales to play a strong side and come out firing.
As a secondary point, I‘ve been laughing at some of the comments on some Facebook groups since the game yesterday. Some England fans moaning about the boring nature of the win. They seem to think that England should win by 70 and throw it round like the Fijians every game What I saw yesterday was a good win and a phenomenal defensive display. All that matters is the win.

Latest Threads