Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Scotland about to kick off against Georgia. Been a long time between internationals so hope for a good game.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You can blame the Sarries players :-D

Some of whom were sanctioned for breaking covid restrictions earlier in the year.

You'd think that they would learn

Well that was a yawn fest, but it probably helped put in perspective arguments for a two tier European competition with promotion and relegation between division 1 (the 6 Nations) and division 2.

As poor as Scotland may be, Georgia are leagues behind them.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well that was a yawn fest, but it probably helped put in perspective arguments for a two tier European competition with promotion and relegation between division 1 (the 6 Nations) and division 2.

As poor as Scotland may be, Georgia are leagues behind them.

As poor as Scotland may be, they still sit number 8 in the world rankings.

What I took from last night

Georgia are not a 6N team and have a lot of work to do and got a fair few decisions against them.
Hastings had a terrible night, slow passing, slow running, terrible kicking, saying that he is a decent player and is at the same stage as Finn was at his age.
Lang was anonymous until he he went off.
We have 2 decent front rows, who both did well against the monsters that Georgia always produce.
Cummings and Toolis work well together and we still have a few 2nd rows to come in.
We need a decent number 8.
Finn comes on and does what Finn does.
We are crap at restarts, still.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Georgia are not a 6N team and have a lot of work to do and got a fair few decisions against them.
Hastings had a terrible night, slow passing, slow running, terrible kicking, saying that he is a decent player and is at the same stage as Finn was at his age.
We have 2 decent front rows, who both did well against the monsters that Georgia always produce.
Cummings and Toolis work well together and we still have a few 2nd rows to come in.

I was expecting far more from the backs, by the time balls got to the wing there were usually 3 defenders also there.

Kinghorn is unlucky that Hogg is captain.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

It was like one of the old pre season games between Probables and Possible, a good opposed training session.

Some have said that last night's game kills the idea of a second division, well I don't agree. Countries like Georgia are not going to improve unless they face good opposition to teach them the game and bring them on.

It was like one of the old pre season games between Probables and Possible, a good opposed training session.

Some have said that last night's game kills the idea of a second division, well I don't agree. Countries like Georgia are not going to improve unless they face good opposition to teach them the game and bring them on.
Agreed - that's why the Wallabies play the All Blacks. Bloody slow progress though.

Ref Scotland v Georgia, the good news for those who missed the game is that it is available on YouTube:

The even better news is that the commentary is in Georgian.

Agree 100% with Georgia and Fiji in the autumn tests it will only benefit them. I would also like to see all the Tier 1 countries organise A teams up against the other Tier 2 countries.

I was expecting far more from the backs, by the time balls got to the wing there were usually 3 defenders also there.

Kinghorn is unlucky that Hogg is captain.
The problem with the backs was mainly Hastings who, as Johnboyz has already said, was very poor. I’m wondering if he’s ever going to cut it as an international flyhalf. Not on that showing.

I’m not so sure about Kinghorn, he hasn’t shown anything for me at fullback. He might grow in to it, but I suspect a future as a winger beckons.

As for Rambo, I joked with my son that the Georgians were waiting for Russell to come on to pass them the ball, but it turned out to be Rambo..

Silksheen

Swinger
I quite enjoyed the game last night. At least Finn is back. Georgia were poor so that result is nothing really to cheer about but it was nice to international rugby back. Cant really see a win against Wales based on that but then again no one gave us a chance against France.

The anthems were pretty funny though. Without the crowd they just came across as a crap audition for X Factor. You could see the dread on some of the players faces as the camera and microphone approached.

Agree 100% with Georgia and Fiji in the autumn tests it will only benefit them. I would also like to see all the Tier 1 countries organise A teams up against the other Tier 2 countries.
A far better suggestion than the constant talk of meddling with the various tournaments.

The problem with the backs was mainly Hastings who, as Johnboyz has already said, was very poor. I’m wondering if he’s ever going to cut it as an international flyhalf. Not on that showing.

I’m not so sure about Kinghorn, he hasn’t shown anything for me at fullback. He might grow in to it, but I suspect a future as a winger beckons.

As for Rambo, I joked with my son that the Georgians were waiting for Russell to come on to pass them the ball, but it turned out to be Rambo..
Blair is alright, his defence is a lot better than it was and is continually working on it, going forward he is a heads up guy and looks for space or a weak shoulder to go to, he also works well with Duane and Darcy.

Rambo, who i have known since he was a kid and was an excellent backrow, does have a tendency when coming on as a sub throw a couple away and I did have a laugh when he threw it to the Georgians

ETA - jack Blain makes his home debut at full back for Edinburgh tomorrow and one to keep an eye on.

Nice intercept by Italy, going in to last quarter Ireland 24 10 Italy. A lot of potential shown by young men in green shirts. Their true test still waits for them in Paris

13:10 to Chiefs at half time. Good first half in absolutely shitty conditions. Good try from the Robson/Umaga combo

Edited to add: also some crappy camera work

Last edited:

Latest Threads