Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As soon as CVC got the green light another announcement like this was almost inevitable. Traditional coverage was fantastic while it lasted but chances are we will see union go the way of Formula 1.
As long as the players realise that they are no longer playing for their country, but for the TV company!

As long as the players realise that they are no longer playing for their country, but for the TV company!

Agreed, there are echos of the majority of French rugby in that the TV revenue has forced players loyalty to their clubs rather than national needs

Time for a new sport to follow? Women's beach volley ball would get record numbers on terrestrial TV in the 6 nations window

As soon as CVC got the green light another announcement like this was almost inevitable. Traditional coverage was fantastic while it lasted but chances are we will see union go the way of Formula 1.

After clicking on that link, my first step was to email my old university (rugby club) flatmates to say: looks like I will be listening on the radio, or occasionally going to the pub…

When they put the Pro 14 on an obscure channel called Premier Sports, they started taking the piss – I refused to buy it, on principle.

Same applies to this Amazon nonsense.

Those selling the match coverage to television have to be made to realise that we are not sheep, who will follow blindly.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
After clicking on that link, my first step was to email my old university (rugby club) flatmates to say: looks like I will be listening on the radio, or occasionally going to the pub…

When they put the Pro 14 on an obscure channel called Premier Sports, they started taking the piss – I refused to buy it, on principle.

Same applies to this Amazon nonsense.

Those selling the match coverage to television have to be made to realise that we are not sheep, who will follow blindly.
You write that as though the rugby and TV authorities actually had the interests of the fans at heart.

How quaint! :)

8 Nations!

Italy have never made much of an impact, and now add Georgia into the mix, and a Southern hemisphere giant, we may as well bin it, or go back to the four Nations. Give it time and it will be like another world cup.

Did someone mention womens beach volleyball?

8 Nations!

Italy have never made much of an impact, and now add Georgia into the mix, and a Southern hemisphere giant, we may as well bin it, or go back to the four Nations. Give it time and it will be like another world cup.

I could be persuaded to spend an afternoon in February watching a few line-outs like this

964d2c390b3eb4be62b06170cc66c506.jpg

Endoscope

War Hero
8 Nations!

It's a replacement for the autumn internationals I believe not the six nations tournament.... bet hell yeah on the beach volleyball

5 match ban.... It was one of Farrell's worst head/neck tackles and he's had plenty of 'learning experiences' to get it out from his game, but the Disciplinary Panel have only given him a 5 match ban instead of top end 10.... they concluded there were mitigation factors to allow halving the punishment... ignoring the fact he hasn't learnt from his previous ban just a few years back.

Last edited:
I was watching the Bristol/Northampton last night, Pat Lam didn't hold back after the game after Siale Piutau got a 3 match ban after being assaulted by 2 Wasps players at the weekend.

5 match ban.... It was one of Farrell's worst head/neck tackles and he's had plenty of 'learning experiences' to get it out from his game, but the Disciplinary Panel have only given him a 5 match ban instead of top end 10.... they concluded there were mitigation factors to allow halving the punishment... ignoring the fact he hasn't learnt from his previous ban just a few years back.

Very disappointing but not unexpected, his Saracens commitments will take a hit but he is too important to the England team to face appropriate punishment

Latest Threads