Rugby Union

How good were the England XV youngsters on Sunday? Smith won't make this World Cup but Marchant could and Dombrandt, should.

Results of first two rounds of U20's World Championship, help in Argentina this year

Round 1

Capture.JPG

Round 2

Capture.JPG

Next round on 12th June

Capture.JPG

They are showing the games on Faceache on the World Rugby page

I am nothing if I am unable to share the word of the Bible with my fellow man,

Folau hits out at Rugby Australia over leaks

no pooftahs?
It would be interesting to know how other national federation's would respond if one, or most, of their players openly shared Falau's views during the coming World Cup. Specifically nations such as Samoa, Tonga and Fiji. God fearing people on the whole. And that includes the blazer wearing equivalents in the higher management of their game. Would they support or sack. And if not would the IRB then step in..

There are increasing instances of 'prayer circles' being part of the post match ritual when these teams play and they happen at club level as well when there are a few Polynesians in the team. Even my local team, who play at Level 6 in the RFU structure, found this when we played an important league match against a team which is currently mostly made up of Fijian lads from that town's garrison. After the match our lads found themselves down on one knee in a circle with them and Praising The Lord and thanking God nobody was injured during the match. As a spectator it was nice to see but I wonder if it might have turned ugly if one of our boys started sniggering through nervous embarrassment... or if one of the front row jokers commented that he was gay during it, for a joke.... they can take their bible punching stuff quite seriously.

Last edited:
The way the Falau issue is going the ARU seems to be on a world of pain. Former Wallabies coach and influential media personality Alan Jones and former World Cup winning captain Nick Farr Jones have both come out in support of Falau. If this does not leave the ARU bankrupt it will certainly continue to divide rugby supporters down under to the detriment of the game. Personally I am firmly in the Falau camp and believe the ARU have handled the whole issue appallingly.

Following the news of Warren Gatland’s appointment as Lions coach for the SA tour, I have managed to get hold of a copy of the intended team sheet for the first test ....

View attachment 398197
I gave you a funny, but with Gattland you never know.
Armchair managing of the Lions is one of lifes little pleasures. IMHO at least 10 of those you have listed would be 2nd or 3rd choice at best.

I gave you a funny, but with Gattland you never know.
Armchair managing of the Lions is one of lifes little pleasures. IMHO at least 10 of those you have listed would be 2nd or 3rd choice at best.
Yes, possibly. We all have our opinions. It was a humorous comment. I'm not saying that it's my preferred starting line up (although it probably is!!) The thing is, its not what's in your HO that counts, its what's in WG's HO that counts!

(calm down everyone, the bit in brackets was also a joke!!)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Having watched the top 14 final this evening I just don’t get why les grenouilles are so poor on the international stage. That was like watching super rugby, but with tackling. C’etait magnifique.