Rugby Union

On a lighter note, I'm watching the Jaguares leading the Hurricanes in Wellington 13 - 28 with twelve minutes to go. the Hurricanes have not been beaten at home by a non-NZ team since Apr 2015.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Glasgow through to the Pro 14 final , Ulster were blown away

Pro14 semi-final: Glasgow Warriors 50-20 Ulster

It's going to be a Scottish Irish final, Leinster play Munster tomorrow.
Shame the draw worked out as it did, whilst wanting Glasgow to win, the prospect of Ulster at Celtic park had a certain ironical feel to it.

Anyway, superb result last night, should be an interesting final given Glasgow will basically have home advantage.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Whether I agree with his views or not, I admire a man who will stand by his beliefs in the face of a union / big business backers.
From my POV his views are fcuking weird, however they are his views, fortunately as I a non believer I couldn’t give a flying fcuk at a rolling donut If he thinks I’m going to hell or not.
Personally think it’s a stupid decision from the ARU which will come back to bite them & World rugby

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It is one of the problems of a professional sport in the modern multi-media age.

I can believe what I want, but I can’t exercise free speech. Well, except to the extent that I can promote “diversity”, I can support gay players, but I am not allowed to express the opposite view. Legally I consider that to be a problem. You either have free speech or you don’t. You can’t allow it only to the extent of allowing one view to be expressed but not the opposite view.

There should be tolerance of other’s views. Both ways. But people should be allowed to express their own views if they wish. There is no place for abuse, but why should Israel Folau not express his own genuinely held beliefs own his own social media account?

And what has it got to do with his day job?

It is one of the problems of a professional sport in the modern multi-media age.

I can believe what I want, but I can’t exercise free speech. Well, except to the extent that I can promote “diversity”, I can support gay players, but I am not allowed to express the opposite view. Legally I consider that to be a problem. You either have free speech or you don’t. You can’t allow it only to the extent of allowing one view to be expressed but not the opposite view.

There should be tolerance of other’s views. Both ways. But people should be allowed to express their own views if they wish. There is no place for abuse, but why should Israel Folau not express his own genuinely held beliefs own his own social media account?

I agree entirely with your second paragraph, but make no mistake, him being fired as such is not the end of the matter, he is already pulling the religious and now the race cards.
It will end up in the highest court in Australia before it has run its course.
Who knows what the outcome will be.
On the other hand, Christians love to suffer for their faith, especially the ones who hold extreme views.

What a try for Sale

It was a superb nerve wracking game to watch, nails and voice gone by the end. Unfortunately Bath winning in the dying moments mean Sale are 7th, I dont know the permutations but fingers crossed Rochelle who apparently could do us a favour in Europe. Dimes must have robbed a bank or something, a few South Africans joining next season so fingers crossed we dont have to wait until the last day and rely on other results to see us top 6.
Bloody 7th....one better than last season's 8th :)

More of the same kind of thing...
Crusaders rip the p*ss out of local left-footer...
NZ Rugby, Crusaders to investigate Cape Town incidents

Must be true. No one ever accused the stormers or their fans of being butch.

And like a starving piranha in 3... 2... 1...

Leo Cullen calls on Celtic supporters to turn back on Glasgow Warriors
What a ******* bellend. I never thought I would see a Rugby man sink to these depths.
Cullen apologises

"After the game last week, our semi-final, I made a comment that seemed to attract plenty of attention. Just so that we’re all aware, it was a throwaway remark, it was made in jest and I didn’t mean to offend anyone. For any individuals that I did offend, I apologise to them "

Leo Cullen offers apology to anyone offended by ‘throwaway remark’

First half Leinster v Glasgow is really good , Owens isn't making it too much about him, 35 mins gone

Leinster 15 10 Glasgow

Disappointed at the levels of boos from the home crowd

Last edited:

Latest Threads