Rugby Union

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Probably something to do with the average nipple height at Craig Dunain Ladies RFC.....
The windchill factor on Bught Park can influence that more than you'd expect!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Weegies - live on Freesports - getting humped in the first half 24- 0 at half time by Southern Kings. They are woeful and giving possession away at every opportunity. They are so bad they made 2 changes in the first half, if the laws would allow it they could change the whole 15.

Weegies - live on Freesports - getting humped in the first half 24- 0 at half time by Southern Kings. They are woeful and giving possession away at every opportunity. They are so bad they made 2 changes in the first half, if the laws would allow it they could change the whole 15.
Are you kidding me?
The KINGS?
The shytest side out of SA in years.
Glasgow must be poor.

They didn't have to do anything special as the Weegies, in the first half could not do anything without coughing the ball or missing tackles. They got slightly better in the second half, but not much and the Kings deserved the win
Just saw the highlights now.
BUT wait a minute - they played at NMMU (formerly University of Port Elizabeth) - a university track which I am VERY familiar with, having run on that very track back in the 80s many times.
'Crowd?' Sweet **** all.
PRO? Not at all.
Remember, the city of PE has a GBFO stadium, and was used at the 2010 football world cup
Capacity: 46 000
If they had 460 yesterday, I'd eat my hat!
*edit: ATT: 3,160
Pass the salt.*

Last edited:
The award of the red card was reinforced by the independent disciplinary committee with the 4 week ban showing it was the correct call.

The Laws of the games have always been adjusted with every season, to protect players, even 30 years ago a shoulder to the head would still have been penalised or are you saying that players should be allowed to target the head? Would that make it masculine enough for you?

"Panel chair Euan Ambrose said: "The panel found on the balance of probabilities that this was a reckless tackle that resulted in direct, forceful contact to the head of Tommy Taylor.

"The panel rejected the player's evidence that any contact with the opposition player had been limited to the top of his shoulder with no contact being made to his head."

He added that the mid-range sanction took into account Spencer's "previous clear record, his conduct both at the hearing and his acceptance of the on-field decision and his off-field references"."
Where anywhere does it say that the head was targeted ? Emotive rubbish. It was, and still is, a ridiculous call and has been said as such by quite a few current players. How do you juxtapose this decision with the overturning of Smith’s red card ?

Wallabies have hit rock bottom and continue to dig. Lost to South Africa, now bottom of the table can't see them beating pumas in Argentina well past time for a new coach and a clear out of some players

Where anywhere does it say that the head was targeted ? Emotive rubbish. It was, and still is, a ridiculous call and has been said as such by quite a few current players. How do you juxtapose this decision with the overturning of Smith’s red card ?
The decision by WR in December 2016 there would be zero tolerance when there is contact with the head, it is a red card offence and a visit to the panel. If you have a problem with that take it up with them.

As for the Smith incident, he was given a red car, went in front of the panel and gave his defence, they believed him and hence the overturning. I think you should take that up with the RFU.

Last edited: