Rugby Union

what's happened to Brad Shields?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No, but they have been beaten by Scotland.
And every team they have met since that defeat! Obviously being gubbed by Scotland was the final nail in their coffin of a team! :twisted:

England team for Saturday:

Starters
15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 20 caps)
14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 36 caps)
13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 12 caps)
12 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 60 caps) captain
11 Mike Brown (Harlequins, 71 caps)
10 Danny Cipriani (Wasps, 15 caps)
9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 76 caps)

1 Joe Marler (Harlequins, 58 caps)
2 Jamie George (Saracens, 27 caps)
3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 12 caps)
4 Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 53 caps)
5 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 21 caps)
6 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 65 caps)
7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 3 cap)
8 Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 16 caps)

Finishers

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 7 caps)
17 Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs, 2 caps)
18 Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 10 caps)
19 Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 0 caps)
20 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 3 caps)
21 Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, 7 caps)
22 Ben Spencer (Saracens, 2 cap)
23 Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, 4 caps)

England name side for third Test in South Africa
I hope Cipriani has a MOTM performance and steers England to desperately needed win.However that will only be papering over the cracks. The first player to give away a pointless penalty should be subbed and told not to bother reporting for the Autumn tests.

I hope Cipriani has a MOTM performance and steers England to desperately needed win.However that will only be papering over the cracks. The first player to give away a pointless penalty should be subbed and told not to bother reporting for the Autumn tests.
The absolute irony for me is that the Saffers, always notorious for getting a bit confrontational and red-misting, have been quite benign no far under Erasmus.
The stupidness of the past few tests - not just silly penalties, but foul play, has all been down to the chaps in white.

I go with that. I would have liked to see a return to players playing the positions they play for their clubs. I think out of position players is part of the problem but hey ho i’m Not the manager

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
IMHO, it is Fast Eddie trying to show how much 'cleverer' he is than the rest of us
Look on the bright side, it keeps the guru off the net, radio silence from him when England not doing so well. Well nearly, we will maybe get one or two posts rather than the flood of posts telling us how great England are and only have to turn up to win!

IMO England need to dump EJ as he seems to have lost the dressing room. England have a pool of excellent players who are doing great stuff with their clubs but who, when they pull on an England shirt, forget the basics. This, again IMO, is purely down to the manager and a poor, petulant, captain!

Look on the bright side, it keeps the guru off the net, radio silence from him when England not doing so well. Well nearly, we will maybe get one or two posts rather than the flood of posts telling us how great England are and only have to turn up to win!

IMO England need to dump EJ as he seems to have lost the dressing room. England have a pool of excellent players who are doing great stuff with their clubs but who, when they pull on an England shirt, forget the basics. This, again IMO, is purely down to the manager and a poor, petulant, captain!
No, no,no! Eddie is doing a great job and should stay in role until retirement!!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No, no,no! Eddie is doing a great job and should stay in role until retirement!!!
If he does then it is Wooden Spoon time for them come Feb/March 2019! :eek:.

Shame innit! :-?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think the Gnome Service is about to end!

If he does then it is Wooden Spoon time for them come Feb/March 2019! :eek:.

Shame innit! :-?
To be fair to England they must be in with a shout of beating Italy next Spring mustn’t they?

Athough if it’s away in Rome they may struggle
Schadenfreude?

E2A: Is he on the bench?

Cape Town CBD is awash with Red Roses.
Just had a fair few lunchtime bevvies with some supporters.
SA Breweries, having realised their Budweiser marketing campaign was a non-starter, have done a 'Buy a pint of Castle for the price of a 330ml bottle' promotion.
So the lads are loving it - less than a quid a pint.