Rugby Union

Saffa deservedly won that.
I’m sorry but I’ve completely lost faith in Jones. I think he needs to go. He’s turned a slick hard match winning side into a disjointed shower of also rans who seemingly have no direction.
That's the slick, hard, lost their pool games and didn't make the quarter finals 'winning' side he took over is it. We still don't have proper a No7 to complete for breakdown ball. That said, we were one knock on from winning a game in which more points were scored than minutes elapsed. For those lacking Sky, final score SA 42 : England 39, you missed a good game.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pumas not being allowed to play by the Welsh.
Looking like a 10-20 win to the Taffs

Just got my tickets for the ABs v France in Wellington next weekend. Should be a good game, as the French usually come back with their tails up, and the ABs will have the confidence at a higher level after their big win.

Excited, just hope it's not too bloody cold. Or wet.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Scotland beat Canada 10 48

7tries to one

Available on the BBC as well!

From a dutchman translation...
Carel played with both brothers in Tests but the three never played together in one test. Carel, Willie and Michael did play together for Western Province in the Currie Cup Final of 1982 against Northern Transvaal.
Bimey, I was at the same game - in Loftus - a year later.
My mate was reserve loose-lead for WP then.
Could name most of the team still: Van Aswegen, Povey, du Toit, Bekker, Visser, Stofberg, Louw, Mallet, Serfontein etc

comfortable win for us, 7 tries to 1, scrappy 1st half but more cohesion and some lovely tries in the 2nd. Good to see some youngsters given a game and they never let themselves down.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
comfortable win for us, 7 tries to 1, scrappy 1st half but more cohesion and some lovely tries in the 2nd. Good to see some youngsters given a game and they never let themselves down.
Far more what a summer tour should be, taking rugby out to the lesser visited nations, try out different combinations and not too much risk to established players!

Same old England problem with penalties - caused largely by the fact that we don't have anyone on the back row prepared to do the job, so people are holding on and generally panicking in contact because they've got no idea when support will turn up, if ever.
Seems to be England's Achilles heel at the moment and the rest of the world knows it. If we don't find a back row soon, it won't matter who we have in the backs and what configuration they play!
An entertaining game non the less, but EJ needs to spend a week teaching the players how to secure the ball and then keep it.

Watching the Argies v Wales game - had the sound off as windows were open and I was listening to the Stones live at Murrayfield, the Argies were quite bad and one dimensional, Wales should have no problem finishing them off next week