Rugby Union

I spent a lovely afternoon at BT Murrayfield with a bonus point within 25 minutes against a weak Scarlets, with young Kinghorn being an absolute thorn til he went off, and running in another 3 tries later on. We could do with the Weegies doing us a favour next week against Ulster before we beat the weegies the following week.

And home in time to watch the final of Melrose 7's

Last edited:
I’m struggling to come to terms with Tigers winning streak ending, losing at home to the stains of all teams
Especially after they got destroyed for the fourth time this season by Sarries. Over 200 points. In one season

Wasps let Worcester score twice in the last couple of minutes; OK it didn’t effect the result but losing concentration near the end of matches is losing us games that we should have won. Next up, Saints at home, then Newcastle away, a possibly difficult end to the regular season

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bristol Rugby to be known as Bristol Bears for next season, do not google Bristol Bears at work :eek:
Much piss being ripped on the fan's forums....

I reckon Steve Lansdown had an 'entertaining' evening in Bristol one night and it was his bleary eyes in the morning when he woke up that registered the 'Bears' in lights above the bar counter that inspired this change. "BRISTOL BEARS!!" he thought as he left the bar and staggered his weary way home..... "I had a great night.... loads of big blokes in there with beards. I bet they enjoy rugby. Let's change the name!........ although my Arrse is killing me for some reason.....",

And he wandered off leaving the lights of the Bristol Bears Bar behind him...
Bristol Bear Bar »

Are you a 'Bear'? (In the G A Y community it refers to big hairy men) Then the Bristol Bear Bar is for you and maybe the Bristol Bears is where you should hang out on a Saturday afternoon...

Maybe it will get kids into rugby and connected with the club if they're able to make their own favourite mascot....

Last edited:
Bristol Rugby to be known as Bristol Bears for next season, do not google Bristol Bears at work :eek:
I am embarrassed to be a Bris fan. Commercial crap over 100 years plus of history. I fully expect and hope that every premiership club next season compose a suitable piss taking song for rhe visiting "Bears"
I knew it would all go down hill after we moved to Ashton Gate. We've caught the football ghey!

I am embarrassed to be a Bris fan. Commercial crap over 100 years plus of history. I fully expect and hope that every premiership club next season compose a suitable piss taking song for rhe visiting "Bears"
I knew it would all go down hill after we moved to Ashton Gate. We've caught the football ghey!
Well, you'll have a whole new interesting support base, won't you?

I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this has worked out. I have to admit, I was a sceptic when he was first appointed, but Embra's results have proven me wrong.
He was just what was needed. The players, the ones I have spoken to admit as much, were in such a comfort zone, plodding along and basically getting money for nothing. He has kicked arrse and they have responded and will only get better. He has laid down a marker and getting rid of the likes of Sammy HC and "meatball" Weir shows he will swing the axe as required.

Rooooollllllllllll up Rolllllllllllllll up, lets have your predictions for the Champions Cup
Leinster v Scarlets
Munster v Racing 92

I think the final will be Leinster v Racing with Leinster to win.

Rooooollllllllllll up Rolllllllllllllll up, lets have your predictions for the Champions Cup
Leinster v Scarlets
Munster v Racing 92

I think the final will be Leinster v Racing with Leinster to win.
Would love to see Scarlets win, to give JB a good send off, but head says Leinster by not very many.

Racing/Munster should be another close one and hope Racing come through.

Will also go for Falcons to edge a close one at Glaws, and Pau to win over Cardiff

Would love to see Scarlets win, to give JB a good send off, but head says Leinster by not very many.

Racing/Munster should be another close one and hope Racing come through.

Will also go for Falcons to edge a close one at Glaws, and Pau to win over Cardiff
Oh me too! The big boys are playing (including both Lovely Leigh and Rhys Patchell for kicking) and they've been rested for a good couple of weeks so fingers firmly crossed...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leinster-v-scarlets-team-news-14554775

Well, whilst I had hoped for a Leinster win I had not thought it would be such comprehensive victory against Scarlets who are not a shabby side at all.
Yup Scarlets struggled to get a foothold, Leinster were relentless. As the saying goes..Come on you boys in blue

Well, whilst I had hoped for a Leinster win I had not thought it would be such comprehensive victory against Scarlets who are not a shabby side at all.
Well played Leinster. They really outplayed us today, steamrollered really, and the consolation try was a relief. I rather hope it'll be Leinster v Munster in the final.

I had to give up on the tv though and go to radio commentary as listening to Stuart Barnes getting orgasmic over the Leinster chaps was becoming unbearable.

European Champions Cup: Leinster 38-16 Scarlets