1/4 finals
Q1: Australia/England/Wales vs. Samoa/Scotland
Q2: France vs. Argentina/Tonga
Q3: NZ vs. Ireland/Italy
Q4: Australia/England/Wales vs. South Africa

Semis:
Winner Q1 vs. Winner Q2
Winner Q3 vs. Winner Q4

Yep, but you know the French, not the most predictable of teams they are either crap or wow.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If they use the same format as 2011 the 1/4 Finals could be:

1/4 finals
Q1: Australia/England/Wales vs. Samoa/Scotland
Q2: France vs. Argentina/Tonga
Q3: NZ vs. Ireland/Italy
Q4: Australia/England/Wales vs. South Africa

Semis:
Winner Q1 vs. Winner Q2
Winner Q3 vs. Winner Q4
So we shouldn't meet NZ till the final then?

Ah feck we've got bloody France! Well that won't take long then
Eh. We can take 'em on a good day.

It's actually not a bad pool. The problem will be the quarters.

I imagine Australia are regretting scoring that try last Saturday.

Also, be a laugh if the host nation don't manage to get to the Quarters...bet they're bricking it.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I imagine Australia are regretting scoring that try last Saturday.

Also, be a laugh if the host nation don't manage to get to the Quarters...bet they're bricking it.
I see it differently - the Group A survivors are likely to hit the Quarters with greater momentum than the others and if the group winner (the life of the runner up is likely to be nasty, brutal and short) can't take the other two relatively easily, they've got no chance later on against NZ and SA. I'm more concerned about avoiding the likes of Tonga and Samoa who are often more focused on winning the bodycount than on winning the match.

The WRU have challenged the RFU to make the tournament's opening game Wales Vs England at Cardiff Arms Park. The RFU have politely declined. Obviously the opening match should be played at Twickenham since England are the hosts. Even so I have my doubts whether Wales/England would be that much of a spectacle for the opener. It's likely to be a slogfest with both sides more afraid of letting the other score than actually trying to score themselves.

I'm guessing the natural opener is NZ the Champions taking on England the hosts. That too could turn into a slogfest but that is not the way the ABs usually play so I doubt they'll slip into that mode for that game. If both England and Wales get a game or two under their belts before they meet the I think that match will be all the better for it. If England managed to beat NZ in the opener then Wales would have to beat England to stand any chance of coming runner-up, NZ don't get beaten twice in any group. However it could be Wales that bests the ABs, if England lose to NZ they have a better chance although beating the ABs doesn't guarantee a win against England.
You might want to substitute New Zealand for Australia.
As it's Australia who are in Englands and Wales group.