Rugby Union 6 Nations 2021

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sort of. I've just gone back and looked at Willis's injury and he appears to have had a leg trapped. Usually it is done in one fluid movement by the counter-jackler and both players roll off to the side. The counter-jackler often can't get under the jackler, so what's the answer? I'm no coach . . .
9780843174229.jpg

Sort of. I've just gone back and looked at Willis's injury and he appears to have had a leg trapped. Usually it is done in one fluid movement by the counter-jackler and both players roll off to the side. The counter-jackler often can't get under the jackler, so what's the answer? I'm no coach . . .

Hang on, you said that safe, effective and legal counter rucking can be coached.

You're suggestion of a rolling technique was shown to be the cause of the Willis injury.

Now you're saying you're not a coach and don't have the answer...

Hang on, you said that safe, effective and legal counter rucking can be coached. I said effectively and legally with a (?), nothing about 'safe'.

You're suggestion of a rolling technique was shown to be the cause of the Willis injury because his leg was trapped.

Now you're saying you're not a coach and don't have the answer... not a definitive answer, no, but there should be a counter-jackal technique. What do you suggest?
Fcuk. Never mind the rugby, I've been spelling 'jackal' wrong.

There doesn't necessarily have to be an answer. Players have to adapt to the fact that head-contact is no longer tolerable.
Having said that, I am of the opinion that the number of Rugby players who can get their head lower than their hips while supporting their own body-weight, and while simultaneously attempting to "play the ball immediately" as required by law, is vanishingly few. I think referees should pay more attention to that, and that World Rugby should also ban jackaling by players whose body weight is being supported by another player holding them up.

The SRU would most likely not have accepted a one week postponement without a hell of row due to club agreements. Why should Scotland be penalised for France having poor sanitary arrangements?

Of course France are still favourites. Losing a few players will hardly affect them.
Poor sanitary arrangements ? I think you’re misunderstanding what this is about. Now they’ve announced another case and the squad is in isolation it has to bring the game into doubt. I don’t know what the solution is but you’re right that Scotland shouldn’t be penalised if their players are called back to their clubs but some sense needs to be brought into it. I hope the game goes ahead

Poor sanitary arrangements ? I think you’re misunderstanding what this is about. Now they’ve announced another case and the squad is in isolation it has to bring the game into doubt. I don’t know what the solution is but you’re right that Scotland shouldn’t be penalised if their players are called back to their clubs but some sense needs to be brought into it. I hope the game goes ahead
You can think what you like. However, it appears that the French allowed their national team to mix and train with their Sevens squad without thinking about the consequences.

Also reading elswhere that the rumour mill has picked up pace on Galthié being at fault for flounting the rules, and the minister is launching an inquiry.

Stibbon

Old-Salt
You can think what you like. However, it appears that the French allowed their national team to mix and train with their Sevens squad without thinking about the consequences.

I'd go one better and say that since they've seen that they've lost Dupont, Vallierre, and their captain and their hooker - they've just thought "**** this" and decided to engineer a postponement.

There. I've said it.

I'd go one better and say that since they've seen that they've lost Dupont, Vallierre, and their captain and their hooker - they've just thought "**** this" and decided to engineer a postponement.

There. I've said it.
Yeah, they're shitting it about playing Scotland. In Paris.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

There. I've said it.
Are you suggesting that the French are some kind of "cheese eating surrender monkeys"?

Stibbon

Old-Salt

(On the assumption you're being sarcastic)

Since when did the venue (when it's an empty stadium) ever make any difference?

The jocks proved that by beating a lacklustre England at Twickenham only 3 weeks ago. They then go to Murrayfield and get beaten by Wales.

Make no mistake, France are a good side, but without their crowd behind them and missing several key players, (one of whom is probably the best player in the world at the moment) - a fired up Scotland will turn them over. No doubt whatsoever.

My guess is they know that too. ;)

Last edited:

Latest Threads