Rugby Union 6 Nations 2021

So as not to polute the rugby thread with the inevitable "banter", I have started this thread.

If you like to catch the eye of a local ewe,
Or you think Guinness is a major food group.
If you like tossing telegraph poles,
or you think cheese and surrendering are fun
If you think Rome wasn't built in a day,
or if you like dancing with hankerchiefs and bells....

...then post your comments here.

I think France are favourite this year, but a lot will depend on who's available due to covid and/or injuries.
Italy probably won't win a game.....again.
All the home nations players will be conscious that this is a Lions year, which will add a bit of interest as well.
As long as Romain Poite doesn't ref any England matches, I'll be happy.

Oh, and how long will it be before @Auld-Yin and @the_guru start to call each other names?

I think France may get it this year, but no Grand Slam for them. England probably will push them close.

Wales will likely be abysmal in defence and frankly ride their luck in most games. Ireland for me, will take 3rd place.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So as not to polute the rugby thread with the inevitable "banter", I have started this thread.

If you like to catch the eye of a local ewe,
Or you think Guinness is a major food group.
If you like tossing telegraph poles,
or you think cheese and surrendering are fun
If you think Rome wasn't built in a day,
or if you like dancing with hankerchiefs and bells....

...then post your comments here.

I think France are favourite this year, but a lot will depend on who's available due to covid and/or injuries.
Italy probably won't win a game.....again.
All the home nations players will be conscious that this is a Lions year, which will add a bit of interest as well.
As long as Romain Poite doesn't ref any England matches, I'll be happy.

Oh, and how long will it be before @Auld-Yin and @the_guru start to call each other names?

Ahm hurted ah am. I have never called the_guru nasty names - the spacker! He occasionally posts some very interesting bits n bobs but most of his posts come from the tunnel vision he has re England and Saracens. :)

Hopefully we will get the 6N under way but I wonder what the rules will be for France and Italy travelling to UK/Ireland and vice versa. The lack of match play is going to be a factor, as will availability. I hope none of the players and officials mess about with the CV regulations and screw things up for the rest.

As for the Lions tour - well that must be very much in the balance and I would not be in the least surprised if it is called off or changed to a different format.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think England might sneak it again this year, but with everything going on it's a chance for everyone especially if they dish out 5 point wins right left and centre over Covid cancellations.

Full list of refereeing appointments here:

Poite is not reffing an England match....wooohoo!

Ahm hurted ah am. I have never called the_guru nasty names - the spacker! He occasionally posts some very interesting bits n bobs but most of his posts come from the tunnel vision he has re England and Saracens. :)

Hopefully we will get the 6N under way but I wonder what the rules will be for France and Italy travelling to UK/Ireland and vice versa. The lack of match play is going to be a factor, as will availability. I hope none of the players and officials mess about with the CV regulations and screw things up for the rest.

As for the Lions tour - well that must be very much in the balance and I would not be in the least surprised if it is called off or changed to a different format.
Australia has offered to host, if Safferland isn't given the all clear.
Which looks increasingly likely, the way Safferland is fcuking up vaccination etc

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If everything goes as planned without any cancellations I will go for a narrow France win with no GS
It is certainly between France and England. Looking back at the games at the end of last year, France had their act together. However, for France that is not an indication that they will retain that cohesion - especially as the young 'Reserves' team did so well and will be pushing for places! :)

Comfortable GS for France.

And now I don't feel very well.
No GS is ever comfortable. They are hard fought and well won, which is why they don't happen very often.
Having said that a visit to the Parc or Cardiff with the roof shut will not be quite so intimidating as they would be with a crowd.

I have a feeling that France are going to disappoint. Their 2nd string played proper off-the-cuff Rugby in the Autumn, but I reckon the main team will revert to the over-coached dross that we get from all the 6 Nations teams these days.
England to win, with France distant runners up. Probably Ireland third, but I’m not confident at this stage that there is much difference between Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
All nations and the vast majority of senior clubs. get referees in during training sessions
It's just the English media getting their excuses in early! ;)

My son just sent me this link, which I think is very apt for this thread ...

Latest Threads