Rugby Six Nations 2020

This may have some bearing on the leniency.

Was he bollox eye gouged. I’ve seen the clip circulating in French fansites, and all it shows is Haining trying to push Haouas away, albeit with his hand in his face. If he had felt he had been eye gouged, it would have been Haining he would have punched.

BIGBIRD101

War Hero
So much for taking his punishment like a man. I really do not like the direction that rugby is travelling in.
To be fair, I reckon that he is taking his punishment like a man, the powers around him will be the ones putting forward defences.

Not that I’ve ever been to a disciplinary, one yellow in 32 years and that was mistaken identity. (Little angel that I am)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
To be fair, I reckon that he is taking his punishment like a man, the powers around him will be the ones putting forward defences.

Not that I’ve ever been to a disciplinary, one yellow in 32 years and that was mistaken identity. (Little angel that I am)
My only yellow was collected as a mini rugby coach.

No mistaken identity.

shellbackmac

Old-Salt
Scottish second kit is pretty shite.

Fashion police out... :p
I thought Coventry City circa FA Cup Final 1987 were on the pitch at Murrayfield :(:(. I remember when we used to turn out in an away kit of white shirt with blue thistle, white shorts and blue socks. I believe last worn in the 1991 WC 3rd place play off. Since then Scotland have paraded an awful lot of fashion faux pas from dayglo orange with blue arms(!) to Sundays bizarre ensemble. Not important in the scheme of things but I did like this kit. And we did wear it for many years before the fashion designers stepped in.

(Yes I know the picture below is against Western Samoa in the quarter final before I get ambushed by a statto...)

1528191677.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Coventry City circa FA Cup Final 1987 were on the pitch at Murrayfield :(:(. I remember when we used to turn out in an away kit of white shirt with blue thistle, white shorts and blue socks. I believe last worn in the 1991 WC 3rd place play off. Since then Scotland have paraded an awful lot of fashion faux pas from dayglo orange with blue arms(!) to Sundays bizarre ensemble. Not important in the scheme of things but I did like this kit. And we did wear it for many years before the fashion designers stepped in.

View attachment 455608
It wasn't dayglo orange, it was "tangerine", and I have it on good authority that it went down rather well in certain sectors of West Scotland society (and half of Dundee).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

View attachment 455608
IIRC the change of strip was not the Away Team but the Home Team that changed. The logic being the away team did not have to carry two sets of kit whereas the home team was able to get it out of their kit room. Goes back to the early days when teams did not really know what strip the opposition would turn up in.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Only a yellow for fondling one of the player's genitals? As a coach? Mini-Rugby, you say?
Was actually for having the gall to ask the ref (wearing a team shirt of the opposition) if he was ever going to penalise any of his players (as he was also their coach) for their numerous infractions, such as hair pulling, kicking, jumping on etc whilst he penalised mine for, and I quote, "tackling too hard"

But it was a mere 15 years ago, I don't dwell on it.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
10 week ban for Marler....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
A bit ridiculous, 3 weeks for a straight punch to the face, and 10 weeks for a non violent defusing of a situation.
Ok, it involved genitals but no twisting, grabbing etc.
And fairly obviously not of a sexual nature.

Latest Threads