Rugby Six Nations 2020

Endoscope

War Hero
To be fair, as I have said earlier on this thread, at half time Wales were looking at conceding a half century. If England had managed the game as they should have done that is what would, in all likelihood, have happened. And if it had done, England would have deserved it (as would Wales for their woeful defence).
We miss Edwards, my favourite English man

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's OK England supporters, I can answer that for you.

It has already been proved beyond reasonable doubt* that the referee, the linesmen and the TMO were all biased against England. But the full shocking truth is that the citing committee are also biased against England.

In fact you have to pass an anti English test even to make it on to the panel as an international referee nowadays ....
…. Not!

Now grow up, stop whining, enjoy the fact that England was (comfortably) the better team on the day, but also accept that some England players, including Farrell and Marler, are not as professional/disciplined as they should be and it was … wait for it … they, not the referee, who let the side down on Saturday.

It might be worth also considering whether the attitude and example of the coach has anything to do with the attitude of the players. Novel idea I know, but there might be something in it!

* imagined in the fevered, paranoid minds of Eddie Jones and a handful of deranged England supporters

Jones himself said afterwards one of the reasons England still won was that they had practised 13 against 16.

Not 13 v15.

For which he has already had to appologise for FFS. The whole world has gone *snowflake!

Welcome to the new world. Thank feck I'm on the way out.

* Feck them all, I'm not a snowflake. They don't like it, tough. Are you hearing me, snowflakes, who may or may not have a train set?

Last edited:
I remember a No. 8 at university, who used to turn up for games with nail varnish and occasionally mascara and eyeliner.
Would stand in the line outs and basically chat up the opposition who grew very wary of him as a result.
He reckoned it gave him at least a yard advantage!

What they didn't know was that said nail varnish was applied by his girl friend, possibly one of the bonniest lasses at university at the time!
The first team hooker at U.C.Cardiff in mid-80s was a nutter who died his hair purple, and would do the whole mascarra thing.
He would blow kisses at the oppo front row in the early scrums.
The more they hit him, the better he thought it was going.
The likes of Tredegar Ironsides, Merthyr and Whitland obliged him.

The first team hooker at U.C.Cardiff in mid-80s was a nutter who died his hair purple, and would do the whole mascarra thing.
He would blow kisses at the oppo front row in the early scrums.
The more they hit him, the better he thought it was going.
The likes of Tredegar Ironsides, Merthyr and Whitland obliged him.
He later became a leading member of the Criminal Bar at the Inns of Court.

The whole incident would never have happened if it wasn't for the fact that Farrell kicked off while on the floor with his arm around George North and in the fight for the ball Courtney Lawes dives over the top and clips Farrell on the chin in the process. (minute 7.30 of the game)... Farrell thinks North was responsible and starts the 'push-me, pull-you' game which escalates into the sweet caress by Marler... I wonder if in the video analysis it will be picked up and others will realise that it's Farrell's hot temper that may have caused the end of Marler's England career
So let me get this right - Lawes is being cited for making contact with Farrell's head? The game's gone mad.

So let me get this right - Lawes is being cited for making contact with Farrell's head? The game's gone mad.
No, no, Lawes is being cited for a tip tackle on a red shirted bod... (can't remember who)... separate incident. [EDIT - actually it was a 'leading with the shoulder' tackle by Lawes on AWJ in the 65th minute. Lawes was taken off and Genge came on while that was being looked at]
Marler is being cited for cupping, but if you look at the incident that preceded the whole handbagging it was Lawes that accidentally smacked Farrell and he then saw red mist..

Last edited:
No, no, Lawes is being cited for a tip tackle on a red shirted bod... (can't remember who)...
Marler is being cited for cupping, but if you look at the incident that preceded the whole handbagging it was Lawes that accidentally smacked Farrell and he then saw red mist..
I see nothing wrong with any of that. Play on, FFS.

Jones himself said afterwards one of the reasons England still won was that they had practised 13 against 16.
Waiting for a referee to fill him in, for insulting their integrity (I can dream).

With that one sniping comment, Jones proved himself an utter cock. Want to win? Perform. If it's good enough on the day, you'll get the result. Want to blame everything or everyone one else under the sun, rather than your own performances? Snowflake w*nker.

I read on another thread nothing but whinging from the French about 'arbitrage', I assume they mean arbitration either by the ref or the TMO. Phrases such as 'anglo-saxon' referee also sprinkled in there as well. Anyone who knows anything about the French knows that once you wind them up a bit, the discipline goes and that's that.
Maybe lost in translation? Arbitrage is a term used in the financial world. It is the simultaneous purchase and sale of an asset to profit from an imbalance in the price.

Considering some of the things that used to go on in the frontrow, I think a little love caress of the jewels is the least of his worries.

Maybe lost in translation? Arbitrage is a term used in the financial world. It is the simultaneous purchase and sale of an asset to profit from an imbalance in the price.
Arbitre is French for referee, and arbitrage is refereeing. Just a “false friend” translation.

Alamo

LE
England's tackle 'technique' has been highly suspect for a number of years. Farrell in particular has been lucky to get away with it, it was only a matter of time before someone didn't.

As for Marler, the cries of 'back in the day ...' are tosh. It's illegal, he knows it's illegal and we all know it's illegal. It's not the 1980s, there are multiple cameras around the ground, he's bound to get caught and the impact is on him and his team(s). The only good thing to come of that incident was the restraint of AWJ.

Endoscope

War Hero
England's tackle 'technique' has been highly suspect for a number of years. Farrell in particular has been lucky to get away with it, it was only a matter of time before someone didn't.

As for Marler, the cries of 'back in the day ...' are tosh. It's illegal, he knows it's illegal and we all know it's illegal. It's not the 1980s, there are multiple cameras around the ground, he's bound to get caught and the impact is on him and his team(s). The only good thing to come of that incident was the restraint of AWJ.
He said he only got a semi on tbf

Bless!

Latest Threads