Rugby Six Nations 2020

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC report that both Marler and Lawes have been cited.
Marler's action should be taken in the wider spirit of ruby and appreciated as a one-off (copycats get sanctioned) which generated a priceless one-liner from Gareth Thomas which will be quoted affectionately for years to come.

The whole point of a front row is to be the engine room of deviance and perversion, particularly on tour. If they can scrummage effectively that's a bonus but a decent front row will proposition domestic livestock, bag off with the local moose and keep the prettier members of the team in a state of permanent anxiety.

Gareth Thomas which will be quoted affectionately for years to come.
For which he has already had to appologise for FFS. The whole world has gone snowflake!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Marler's action should be taken in the wider spirit of ruby and appreciated as a one-off (copycats get sanctioned) which generated a priceless one-liner from Gareth Thomas which will be quoted affectionately for years to come.

The whole point of a front row is to be the engine room of deviance and perversion, particularly on tour. If they can scrummage effectively that's a bonus but a decent front row will proposition domestic livestock, bag off with the local moose and keep the prettier members of the team in a state of permanent anxiety.
I remember a No. 8 at university, who used to turn up for games with nail varnish and occasionally mascara and eyeliner.
Would stand in the line outs and basically chat up the opposition who grew very wary of him as a result.
He reckoned it gave him at least a yard advantage!

What they didn't know was that said nail varnish was applied by his girl friend, possibly one of the bonniest lasses at university at the time!

I remember a No. 8 at university, who used to turn up for games with nail varnish and occasionally mascara and eyeliner.
Would stand in the line outs and basically chat up the opposition who grew very wary of him as a result.

What they didn't know was that said nail varnish was applied by his girl friend, possibly one of the bonniest lasses at university at the time!
A guy I played basketball with used to chew raw garlic before matches. Similar effect when you’re not expecting it...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

I played for one club which went on tour to the Ukraine. The front row disappeared for an afternoon and returned with their own skin flick.

At another club we had a prop whose party piece was to curl one out in the team bath if there was an insufficient threat of violent retribution. He used to shout 'there goes the big brown fish' at which point the bath emptied with a speed that would have served us better on the pitch.

At yet another club, on tour, one of our props astonishingly bagged off with an extremely pretty hairdresser from Cork. We had a spare pig's head which mysteriously found itself on the pillow next to her. The screams a short while latter were most gratifying.

It should be a generally accepted standard that front row are below the mental age of legal responsibility and the rest of the team's not far behind it.

The whole incident would never have happened if it wasn't for the fact that Farrell kicked off while on the floor with his arm around George North and in the fight for the ball Courtney Lawes dives over the top and clips Farrell on the chin in the process. (minute 7.30 of the game)... Farrell thinks North was responsible and starts the 'push-me, pull-you' game which escalates into the sweet caress by Marler... I wonder if in the video analysis it will be picked up and others will realise that it's Farrell's hot temper that may have caused the end of Marler's England career

Last edited:
I'm wondering why Parkes hasn't been cited for his "tackle"...

BIGBIRD101

War Hero
With the final round being postponed until October, those cited/ sent off, will almost certainly have served their bans by the time the fixture will be played which sort of negates the purpose to some extent

Worse still, it’ll be next season and Tigers really need Ford et al around as much as possible

I played for one club which went on tour to the Ukraine. The front row disappeared for an afternoon and returned with their own skin flick.

At another club we had a prop whose party piece was to curl one out in the team bath if there was an insufficient threat of violent retribution. He used to shout 'there goes the big brown fish' at which point the bath emptied with a speed that would have served us better on the pitch.

At yet another club, on tour, one of our props astonishingly bagged off with an extremely pretty hairdresser from Cork. We had a spare pig's head which mysteriously found itself on the pillow next to her. The screams a short while latter were most gratifying.

It should be a generally accepted standard that front row are below the mental age of legal responsibility and the rest of the team's not far behind it.
Yep. We had a hooker who bummed his French tight head on the coach back from a tour. 30 years on and the hooker really doesn't like it being mentioned.... the tight head just gives a Gallic shrug!

Another tour bus, a prop was drunkenly sleeping off his excess when someone noticed a tent arising in his tracksuit.... hooker obliged by gently removing the trackies and providing the happy ending.

Front rows, just wrong uns!

I'm wondering why Parkes hasn't been cited for his "tackle"...
It's OK England supporters, I can answer that for you.

It has already been proved beyond reasonable doubt* that the referee, the linesmen and the TMO were all biased against England. But the full shocking truth is that the citing committee are also biased against England.

In fact you have to pass an anti English test even to make it on to the panel as an international referee nowadays ....
…. Not!

Now grow up, stop whining, enjoy the fact that England was (comfortably) the better team on the day, but also accept that some England players, including Farrell and Marler, are not as professional/disciplined as they should be and it was … wait for it … they, not the referee, who let the side down on Saturday.

It might be worth also considering whether the attitude and example of the coach has anything to do with the attitude of the players. Novel idea I know, but there might be something in it!

* imagined in the fevered, paranoid minds of Eddie Jones and a handful of deranged England supporters

I’ve said that Tualagi’s tackle that made contact with the head, and regardless of what I think, under the current protocol, that‘s a red.

Marler - old school front-row f*ckwittery. I mean, I’m a fullback, so, whatevs.

Lawes - didn’t see it.

So, we’ll go again - for what looks like a blatant tackle against the head, why hasn’t Parkes been cited?

I’ve said that Tualagi’s tackle that made contact with the head, and regardless of what I think, under the current protocol, that‘s a red.

Marler - old school front-row f*ckwittery. I mean, I’m a fullback, so, whatevs.

Lawes - didn’t see it.

So, we’ll go again - for what looks like a blatant tackle against the head, why hasn’t Parkes been cited?
I've told you once. I'm not telling you again, FFS.

But on a more serious note, both players standing up, accidental clash of heads, Parkes attempts to wrap his arms round, and indeed succeeds in doing so. What's the offence?

But on a more serious note, both players standing up, accidental clash of heads, Parkes attempts to wrap his arms round, and indeed succeeds in doing so. What's the offence?
Parkes tackler, makes no attempt to tackle below line of head/shoulders, deliberate intent to tackle (as demonstrated by use of arms), Parkes‘ shoulder into Tualagi’s head. If we take contact with head by shoulder as the criteria for red card, then that’s equally a red.

Parkes tackler, makes no attempt to tackle below line of head/shoulders, deliberate intent to tackle (as demonstrated by use of arms), Parkes‘ shoulder into Tualagi’s head. If we take contact with head by shoulder as the criteria for red card, then that’s equally a red.
In which case I refer you to my post 1,531 above

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
In which case I refer you to my post 1,531 above
Be gentle with the English supporters as I believe Coronavirus is causing shortages of tissues for their tears! ;)

England were very good, in the first half and only win the game by 3 points. They would probably stopped the Welsh bonus point if their discipline had kept 15 players on the park. As it stands they were probably a couple of minutes away from defeat!

Be gentle with the English supporters as I believe Coronavirus is causing shortages of tissues for their tears! ;)

England were very good, in the first half and only win the game by 3 points. They would probably stopped the Welsh bonus point if their discipline had kept 15 players on the park. As it stands they were probably a couple of minutes away from defeat!
To be fair, as I have said earlier on this thread, at half time Wales were looking at conceding a half century. If England had managed the game as they should have done that is what would, in all likelihood, have happened. And if it had done, England would have deserved it (as would Wales for their woeful defence).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
To be fair, as I have said earlier on this thread, at half time Wales were looking at conceding a half century. If England had managed the game as they should have done that is what would, in all likelihood, have happened. And if it had done, England would have deserved it (as would Wales for their woeful defence).
Aye, in the first half England hardly put a foot wrong, but the early second half try rattled them, then later when subs were made they started losing their cohesion.

England should have walked that game as they had Wales stuffed in the first half.

He grabbed AWJ's winky in a bit of a cheeky gamesmanship.

Citing... Mr Marler, don't touch his gentleman's vegetables on the pitch please, naughty boy, go and spend the afternoon with Mr G Thomas, the lube is over there.

Mountain and molehill springs to mind.

Latest Threads