Rugby Six Nations 2020

The Times is reporting that we might not get the 6N finished till “at least the end of July”. That would be awful. One of the great things about the 6N is it takes place over a short time period. I would certainly not welcome games hanging over until mid to late summer.

What’s more I’m sure there will be huge problems with clubs not wanting those demands to be made of their players.

I would favour just giving both sides a point where a game cannot be played, and moving on. I know that, too, is unsatisfactory but to my mind at least it is preferable to waiting until late July, or possibly even August.

The Times is reporting that we might not get the 6N finished till “at least the end of July”. That would be awful. One of the great things about the 6N is it takes place over a short time period. I would certainly not welcome games hanging over until mid to late summer.

What’s more I’m sure there will be huge problems with clubs not wanting those demands to be made of their players.

I would favour just giving both sides a point where a game cannot be played, and moving on. I know that, too, is unsatisfactory but to my mind at least it is preferable to waiting until late July, or possibly even August.
I remember the foot and mouth scare, where the Eng v Ire game was delayed. At the time England had all the momentum and were going to Dublin for the GS. The game was eventually played in the Autumn by which time Johnson, Dallagio and Vickery were injured. Ireland went on to record a famous victory.
The big losers to any delays this year could well be France.

I agree. WR set the precedent during the RWC when cancelling the games due to the wind blowing a bit hard. This is a totally different thing where there is a threat to public health across the continent.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I remember the foot and mouth scare, where the Eng v Ire game was delayed. At the time England had all the momentum and were going to Dublin for the GS. The game was eventually played in the Autumn by which time Johnson, Dallagio and Vickery were injured. Ireland went on to record a famous victory.
The big losers to any delays this year could well be France.
So there is an upside then?

As disappointing as it may be, the 6 Nations will kick off again next February. If this years tournament remains unfinished, then so be it.

It's a shame but it's not the end of the world. Continue to play the matches that can be safely played for the sake of keeping international rugby fixtures alive but if they drag out a competition for months longer than intended whoever 'wins' the 6N will always have the caveat of "yeah, but it was THAT year" and an asterisk and the losers will have the same excuse.

As per the comment above about the RWC and Parisse missing out on his swansong, it's a shame but that's life and he had to suck it up just like is happening with this match....

Anyway if the game's cancelled it gives me more time to get to Tesco and fill the car with supplies before the panic buying set-in in readiness for Armageddon....

And what makes you think the comments are from Rugby fans?
What makes you think that non rugby fans would criticise Ugo Monue for a commentary on a game they wouldn’t be watching ? What makes you think non rugby fans would criticise Chris Ashton when I reckon over half of non rugby fans wouldn’t know who he was? Laughable

Now that the Pro14 has stated that any cancelled games will be 0-0 draws if any 6N game is cancelled it should be the same

“In the event that any future games are postponed and no alternative dates can be found to ensure the fixture is fulfilled, the board of Celtic Rugby DAC has agreed that both teams will be awarded two match points and the game will be deemed a 0-0 draw.

This stands in line with current World Rugby practice and resembles protocols in other rugby codes and international sports.”

What makes you think that non rugby fans would criticise Ugo Monue for a commentary on a game they wouldn’t be watching ? What makes you think non rugby fans would criticise Chris Ashton when I reckon over half of non rugby fans wouldn’t know who he was? Laughable
What's laughable is your convoluted logic. You have no more evidence that those posters were Rugby fans than I have that they were English. Go and give your head a wobble.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
6N gets more interesting by the minute!

There is an agreement to release English players if the 6N has to be extended, but no agreement to release non English players! Whoever drew up that contract needs to give their head a wobble.

Be interesting to see what the end result is - England full squad, other nations - man down. :)

6N gets more interesting by the minute!

There is an agreement to release English players if the 6N has to be extended, but no agreement to release non English players! Whoever drew up that contract needs to give their head a wobble.

Be interesting to see what the end result is - England full squad, other nations - man down. :)
From the article

Unless World Rugby can force through some sort of extension for Regulation 9, which deals with player release.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
From the article

Unless World Rugby can force through some sort of extension for Regulation 9, which deals with player release.
Yes, but why give up the chance to have a dig at the Engerlish :)

What's laughable is your convoluted logic. You have no more evidence that those posters were Rugby fans than I have that they were English. Go and give your head a wobble.
What’s nationality got to with it ? Why would a non rugby fan criticise a commentator of a rugby game ? What is a non rugby fan doing listening ?
Are you sure you’re thinking this through ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What’s nationality got to with it ? Why would a non rugby fan criticise a commentator of a rugby game ? What is a non rugby fan doing listening ?
Are you sure you’re thinking this through ?
Well, as the site's official non-rugby fanboi you should know. And before you go off on one of your rants just look at the teams you support - not a lot of the 'spirit of rugby' there.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looks like coverage of the 6N is going to Sky in a £300m deal
That is a huge pity and can only lead to the deterioration of the sport, IMHO. Money is now going to completely dictate the forward path of the sport, and that won't be for the benefit of rugby but TV.

This might just save Saracens from demotion if the Premiership also goes completely Sky! :rolleyes:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
That is a huge pity and can only lead to the deterioration of the sport, IMHO. Money is now going to completely dictate the forward path of the sport, and that won't be for the benefit of rugby but TV.

This might just save Saracens from demotion if the Premiership also goes completely Sky! :rolleyes:
The Like is really for the first paragraph. I feel it's a shame that money has to be taken into consideration where sport is concerned.

Premiership is with BT Sport until 2021, so far.

Latest Threads