Rugby Six Nations 2020

Good to see Tuilagi back. I hope he has a good game.
England as a team need a good game.
First home game of the tournament, nothing less than a win is required.

Cane Mala

Swinger
With regards to the atmosphere at Murrayfield, I was lucky to have attended the match on Sat as a birthday present from the wife. We went out on the Friday night and the mood was great, English and Scots drinking and having fun. On Sat, we stood where the team buses come in and when Scotland appeared, cheering all round, different matter when England showed up, booing and ****** gestures everywhere (we didnt see the bottle incident). We took our seats pitch side (wife is in a wheelchair), sat next to a bloke who was shouting abuse at the English players all of the time, there were 3 England fans behind us and surrounded by Scots, there was one particular Scot who was very vocal about the England team and the ways that they should be dealt with, including death. The wife wasnt happy with the crowd behind and I could see her point. Got back into town to the Ryries pub in Haymarket and the atmosphere was back to the Friday night style again, drinks being bought between opposite supporters (I even got a drink from the owner due to a bet we had the night before), all good natured until the early hours and well enjoyed.
As to @johnboyzzz weather forecast, on the Monday when we left, getting from the hotel to Waverley station, we had wind, rain and 2 bloody snow falls, all in the space of 35 minutes!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
I was exactly the same. My English wife bought me (a sweaty) tickets for the game for my (belated birthday). Pre-match the atmosphere was excellent, all laughs and good natured banter. The match, well the guy behind us (another jock) who had one of those earpiece thingies in was shouting at the top of his voice about what he would do to the French ref and any French people in general (he got quite carried away with his descriptions). After 20 mins of listening to his loud crap I turned and told him to shut the f*ck up as the couple next to us were French and getting very uncomfortable.

Turns out I was the one in the wrong.....apparently (according to the family in front of us) I was very aggressive and that is not what they expect in Rugby. Left me a bit bemused, however he did quieten down.

Later, about 3 seats down two other sweaties ended up in a punch up with each other resulting in some ejections from the ground! Having watched Scotland in all but one of the home stadiums (including E v S in Twickers - Scotland got humped and we still had a fantastic day) that was one of the worst game atmospheres I have encountered.

Is Rugby heading the way of football of old? I hope not as I always like taking my family to Rugby.

I don’t understand why we’ve got a flanker at No8, a Second Row at Flanker and a centre on the wing.

I don’t understand why we’ve got a flanker at No8, a Second Row at Flanker and a centre on the wing.
Neither do I. And I suspect that the only person who does is likely to answer any question about those selections in an abrasive and unhelpful way, with hints and undertones of “everyone hates us” and “you’re being racist because I’m of half Asian heritage”.

He is starting to look like international rugby’s equivalent of Jose Mourinho.

lecky

War Hero
I'm off down the Rec tomorrow to watch two fine young England No 8's in Alex Dombrandt and Zach Mercer do battle. Meanwhile, a number 7, who has recently played 6 for his club, plays in the 8 shirt for his country.
Also on the field will be a pair of wingers for Bath, one of whom had 1 and a half games for England and scored one try and another who has had 4 games for England and scored 4 tries. Yet their Teammate whose an outside centre and nothing else, plays wing for England.
Oh well, I guess once you're in Eddies bad books, you stay there?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Judgment day for the sweaties? Bit unfair if you ask me, I see it as more of a must win game for the Italians...

Italy v Scotland: Six Nations must-win for Gregor Townsend's side
Italy v Scotland: Six Nations must-win for Gregor Townsend's side
Having spent yesterday evening watching a winning team, when we lose today, Toony tombola will carry on. :roll:

As I said previously, with the games we have coming up, if we lose this one and we could have a 16 game run without winning a game before taking on Italy next season.

Having spent yesterday evening watching a winning team, when we lose today, Toony tombola will carry on. :roll:

As I said previously, with the games we have coming up, if we lose this one and we could have a 16 game run without winning a game before taking on Italy next season.
Where does the problem lie. Lack of international class players, management or combination of both?

Where does the problem lie. Lack of international class players, management or combination of both?
In my and many other peoples, opinion, it starts with the coach. The players also have to bear the responsibility.

Say what you like about Russellgate, IMO both sides are in the wrong, Finn for what he did and Toony for his lack of management skills, but he put his head above the parapet and said it isn't working.

I have been told, from friends within the SRU, that regardless of what you hear about the players being behind Toony, the reality is it is a split camp and most home based players, with their central contracts, are too scared to open their mouths to say it isn't working.

I think it’s got to be Scotland all the way today. I really like Minozzi. He’s a talent.
just think the mistakes Scotland made against Ireland and England won’t be as crucial if they make them today.

Wales will beat France comfortably which is Ok from a purely English perspective but I wouldn’t mind France winning as long as we beat Ireland and Ireland beat France

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In my and many other peoples, opinion, it starts with the coach. The players also have to bear the responsibility.

Say what you like about Russellgate, IMO both sides are in the wrong, Finn for what he did and Toony for his lack of management skills, but he put his head above the parapet and said it isn't working.

I have been told, from friends within the SRU, that regardless of what you hear about the players being behind Toony, the reality is it is a split camp and most home based players, with their central contracts, are too scared to open their mouths to say it isn't working.
We seem to have gone from split camp to split camp to split camp

Lack of faith in using a 5 metre penalty to kick for goal, or playing the percentages (and missing a sitter!).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Some poor play from Scotland. Wrong decision to go for goal at this stage. I would have preferred a go at the corner and poss try.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Two Scots kicks charged down now. I hope they are taking note. Italy did well in the breakaway.

Latest Threads