Rugby Six Nations 2020

The friendly Scottish football fan is a misnomer. Ask the residents of Manchester after the uefa Cup final a few years back. Are you also completely dismissing the revolting anti British sentiment from those gopping Celtic scum ??
I am unconvinced that the nationality of football fans has got anything to do with it. There is plenty of trouble in England at football matches, and a German mate of mine posted the following on Facebook recently after a St Pauli v Dynamo Dresden match. I've used google translate, which has struggled a bit with the idioms, but you'll get the jist.

After the headlines "Dynamo fans riot after game end"

I want to, no I have to clarify the situation ... I can't leave it like that!
The heading should read:

"Angry dynamo fans are nasty home fans!"

I attended the game with my wife on a special day - Valentine's Day. Friday evening, floodlights, Millerntor, Dynamo runs into the stadium at "Hells Bells",
two traditional teams, two passionate fan camps ... an absolute highlight as a football romantic.
As I said, my wife wanted to accompany me on this day, it wasn't our first time at the Millerntor ... but what we experienced this time was just disgusting!
The fact that both fan camps do not like each other and exchange a few nice things every year is not nice, but is somehow part of it. I mean, making fun of each other is one thing ... with a certain level.
But mocking victims of the bomb war is impossible!
Mediocre! Spirit free!

We would like to say the following about the events:

During the entire second half, we were spat on, thrown at and insulted by the home fans to our left and above us in the guest block. I remember how my wife said to me:
"My God, where did you dig them up?"

Nice things were exchanged. I also shouted over: "Can you dance your name too ?!"
Our Ultras noticed that too, but pointed out to all of us why we are here ... because of the team!

Also someone splashed water in front of us in the home area. What the active fan scene immediately advised them not to do and to focus on the game!

The events at the end of the game then rolled over dramatically ... both on the grass and in the block. Immediately after the final whistle, empty cups flew from the home area directly above us, then cups filled with beer and then the summit ... cups filled with urine!
We could also see how black hooded people ran straight across the upper block. The whole situation was accompanied by "Nazi" calls and spitting ... both from the left and from above!
We saw a mug full of liquid hit the center of the guest block and hit a man with his son.
Then we heard someone shouting "This is piss" and the fans marched towards the home area. At this point it should be said: Violence is not a solution and we do not want to trivialize this, but understandable in our eyes the reaction was all times!

One cannot speak of a planned organized riot as is now portrayed in the media! Sure, these are nice pictures for the media when a fan kicks a folder in the back, but everyone who goes to the stadium, no matter what color they belong to, knows that a mob of 30-40 people never goes to the home and that Exposes yourself to risk to be injured or to be banned from the stadium if nothing serious has happened in advance! As well as this evening! Also, nobody believes that this reaction arises because of a few, disgusting and senseless stickers put into circulation! And when we read in various articles that we are a "shit club and shit fans" who "plays shit soccer", these people should ask themselves whether their security concept fits in advance!
Why are home fans placed directly above the guest block?
Why are there no fishing nets?
Why can masked people enter and leave this block when there are ticket controls in these areas?
Why doesn't a security service or the police intervene when objects fly from the home area into the guest area?
Why can individual confused people calmly urinate in beer mugs and throw them at other people without anyone preventing this?
Why can an entire grandstand call other people Nazis without knowing them? Why doesn't a stadium announcer intervene?
And a few questions remain about the police security concept.
At the guest exit to the left of the Jet petrol station, the so-called "Volksduschen" are ready, but to the right of the guest block subway station there is a mix zone for fans from both camps plus a massive police force, several hundreds, which suddenly tear off shortly after the flak tower, the entire street Towards the jet petrol station is full of police vehicles, but there is no official at the guest parking lot, which is made available to the guests for € 4?
Small groups of 4-5 young men in black and hooded came out of the side streets and hunted single departing dynamo fans who went to their cars there! Without any police presence!
Isn't a safe arrival and departure part of a football festival that Mr. Luhukay speaks about in the press conference after the game?
And that's what we're here for.
Again, violence is never the right answer, but the response was clear that evening!
Whoever sows the wind will reap the storm, they say!
And for us, who experienced these things on this special evening, it is unbearable that Dynamo Dresden is represented here as a riot club.
Cause and effect...
And also the so fine FC ST. PAULI should question whether the behavior of own supporters can be accepted in this way, the suggested Saubermann image is probably ridiculous!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The friendly Scottish football fan is a misnomer. Ask the residents of Manchester after the uefa Cup final a few years back. Are you also completely dismissing the revolting anti British sentiment from those gopping Celtic scum ??
They were not Scotland fans, supporting Scotland but Scottish fans supporting a Scottish club.

That would be like accusing England of being overpaid when in reality it's just one club

I’m not sure that this will be a successful strategy by the Welsh. It’s not just this season that the scrum has been poorly ref’d, and Wales are as guilty of cheating at the scrum as anyone.

Advice you would do well to heed yourself.
What problem would that be? There’s no hostility at Twickenham like there is when England plays at Murrayfield. So what are you on about ?

Latest round of Toony Tombola announced at 1300 expect 3 changes from the team against the Morrismen with Toolis coming in for J Gray (injured), McInally for Brown and Harris for Jones with Hutchinson still on the bench :roll:

Wooden spoon time and with tough games in the summer and autumn and next year's six nations starts with England away, then Wales at home, France away, Ireland at home. It's not unrealistic that we might lose 16 on the trot before playing Italy at home next year.

Latest round of Toony Tombola announced at 1300 expect 3 changes from the team against the Morrismen with Toolis coming in for J Gray (injured), McInally for Brown and Harris for Jones with Hutchinson still on the bench :roll:
Not sure that I take issue with any of those to be honest.

I’m not sure that this will be a successful strategy by the Welsh. It’s not just this season that the scrum has been poorly ref’d, and Wales are as guilty of cheating at the scrum as anyone.
Wales getting their excuses in early?

Tombola is out

15. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 74 caps

14. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 46 caps
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester)- 16 caps
12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 11 caps
11. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 19 caps

10. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 18 caps
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 30 caps

1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 5 caps
2. Stuart McInally VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 35 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 27 caps
4. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 24 caps
5. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) – 10 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 16 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 30 caps
8. Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh) – 12 cap

Substitutes:
16. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 48 caps
17. Allan Dell (London Irish) – 30 caps
18. Willem Nel (Edinburgh) – 36 caps
19. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 40 caps
20. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 5 caps
21. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 11 caps
22. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints) – 4 caps
23. Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks) – 9 caps

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wooden spoon time and with tough games in the summer and autumn and next year's six nations starts with England away, then Wales at home, France away, Ireland at home. It's not unrealistic that we might lose 16 on the trot before playing Italy at home next year.
Unfortunately I share your optimism.

Genuinely confused why Jones has been dropped unless he’s not 100pc. He’s just about the only Scottish player that I consider to be Lions standard.

Genuinely confused why Jones has been dropped unless he’s not 100pc. He’s just about the only Scottish player that I consider to be Lions standard.
Because he has playing crap and has been inconsistent all season. I would have preferred Hutchinson over Harris.

Ireland call up Bono:

Ireland have turned to rock star Bono for inspiration ahead of their trip to face England on Sunday, with Andy Farrell hoping that his players will gain an edge by tapping into their sense of Irishness at Twickenham.

The U2 lead singer addressed Farrell’s squad for 1hr 40min at their team hotel in Maynooth on Tuesday night, and told the players that “Irishness … was something that comes out when the going gets tough”.

Exploring what it means to be Irish has been a central theme of Farrell’s regime since he took over from Joe Schmidt as head coach following the World Cup.

To that end he revealed yesterday he had also invited former Ireland captain Paul O’Connell into the camp this week.

It echoes a move by Stuart Lancaster, the former England head coach, when he took over after the 2011 World Cup and attempted to reinvigorate the English culture.

Wales has an abundance of riches at scrum half. Gareth Davies will bring experience, but Tomos Williams is no slouch, so I’m not overexcited by that change.
Moriarty is an abrasive and strong presence, but I have misgivings about starting him at 6.
I’m not yet convinced by Nick Tompkins at 13, but it’s early days yet.
I hope George North rediscovers his ability and form, because he’s been well off his game so far. And I hope Biggar is well and truly over his latest concussion, but he does seem a bit prone to it.
And finally, never mind moaning about Tadgh Furlong and alleged illegal scrummaging - The Welsh scrum is not as good as it should be. Let’s hope that they step up against France on Saturday.
Let’s see how it goes, I’m supporting Wales (obvs!) but I’m torn between them as to which one to put in my treble. I’m tempted to bet on three away wins. Not beyond the bounds of possibility this weekend.

Daly back to 15.
Joseph on the wing ?
England: Daly; May, Tuilagi, Farrell (capt), Joseph; Ford, Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Lawes, Underhill, Curry.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Ewels, Earl, Heinz, Slade.

Team in full

England starting XV

15 Elliot Daly (Saracens, 41 caps)
14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 54 caps)
13 Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 41 caps)
12 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 81 caps) C
11 Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 49 caps)
10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 67 caps)
9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 97 caps)
1 Joe Marler (Harlequins, 69 caps)
2 Jamie George (Saracens, 47 caps)
3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 33 caps)
4 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 36 caps)
5 George Kruis (Saracens, 43 caps)
6 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 83 caps)
7 Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 17 caps)
8 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 21 caps)
Finishers
16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 22 caps)
17 Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 16 caps)
18 Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 1 cap)
19 Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 63 caps)
20 Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 13 caps)
21 Ben Earl (Saracens, 1 cap)
22 Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby, 11 caps)
23 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 27 caps)

And I enjoy the vlogs:

I think Eddie's anticipating another hard match up front with 6 forwards on the bench. There seems to be an absence of wingers in the squad at the moment with Cokanasiga, Nowells and Watson injured - even Ollie Thornley is more centre than wing. I'm expecting Daly will get himself out of position supporting Joseph, leaving plenty of gaps for the Irish to exploit at the back. Fingers crossed the forwards can hold onto it.

Last edited:

I think Eddie's anticipating another hard match up front with 5 forwards on the bench. There seems to be an absence of wingers in the squad at the moment with Cokanasiga, Nowells and Watson injured - even Ollie Thornley is more centre than wing. I'm expecting Daly will get himself out of position supporting Joseph, leaving plenty of gaps for the Irish to exploit at the back. Fingers crossed the forwards can hold onto it.
Good to see Tuilagi back. I hope he has a good game.

Latest Threads