Rugby Six Nations 2020

Too soon?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Dont wind the English up eh? Busy putting the wheels back on!!
And you lot came back early just to plant the Daffodil bulbs ready for the spring :mrgreen:

After last weekend I thought Wales would be onto a good rifting this time round, but after this morning I'm a lot less sure.

Not really, just wondering why you are so jubilant about a team losing, that's reached a point your side has yet to achieve once, let alone win.
Just happy that England didnt win. They were outclassed by South Africa from start to finish so the win was very well deserved.

The good thing for the Welsh is that their injured players will be fresh for the six nations and AWJ has time to fit in heart transplant surgery. :)

Just happy that England didnt win. They were outclassed by South Africa from start to finish so the win was very well deserved.
.... and we ever need to worry about that dumb French referee getting a test match to spoil, ever again. :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I confidently predict a 5th place for us.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes, it is too soon.
However, it will be interesting to see what could be great changes in the teams. Eddie has already said he is going to make massive changes to the England side.
Wales have had so many career ending injuries that they could be looking at a 75% change along with some of the stalwarts coming of retirement age.
Scotland has a fair few coming up for retirement either because of age or taking one too many clouts.
Ireland also facing a slew of retirements,

Whilst the 6N is a great competition, it could be the time to start bringing on new talent for the 2023 RWC.

If Eddie Jones is serious then I can see England coming 3rd or 4th as he rebuilds a new squad ready for 2023

Yes, it is too soon.
However, it will be interesting to see what could be great changes in the teams. Eddie has already said he is going to make massive changes to the England side.
Wales have had so many career ending injuries that they could be looking at a 75% change along with some of the stalwarts coming of retirement age.
Scotland has a fair few coming up for retirement either because of age or taking one too many clouts.
Ireland also facing a slew of retirements,

Whilst the 6N is a great competition, it could be the time to start bringing on new talent for the 2023 RWC.
From Rugbypass.com:

Jones admits a number of the 31-man squad are to be jettisoned for the Six Nations as he begins rebuilding for the next assault on the global stage.

“I tell you what happens to teams – they evolve,” said Jones in the wake of England’s Yokohama defeat.

“Some guys will lose desire, some guys will lose fitness, some guys will get injuries, and there’ll be young guys come through. So this team is finished now.

“There will be a new team made – we’ll make a new team for the Six Nations and that new team for the Six Nations will be the basis of going to the next World Cup.

“And I’ll have them for the first two years.”

I don't necessarily think this means massive changes, although I'm sure some of the older payers (eg. Cole?) won't wear the rose again. I see it more as every member of the squad will have to, in effect, apply for their old job by showing what they can do in the Gallagher Premiership.

So who's for the chop?

Looking at the team I think Vuinapola, Cole, Mahler, and Lawes could be on the hit list.

Latest Threads