Rugby during Phase 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by cmt...hopefully, Apr 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What chances will I get to play rugby during Phase 1 & 2?

Little or fcuk all?
  2. None as far as I am aware, The Army are concerned about you getting hurt and not completing Phase 1&2.
  3. None mate sorry .Maybe at the end of your phase 2 before you get to your unit ,but I doubt it.
  4. When I was in phase to 2 I played rugby. phase 1 no chance.
  5. That's a bit rubbish.

What can you do, sports-wise, in Phase 1? Just football?

I suppose with all the beastings I probably wouldn't be in the mood for rugby anyway.
  6. Your be way to busy with training! once you get passed phase 1 and 2 loads of chance to play sports.
  7. REME Phase 2 schools both do full sports for all students. You can play rugby if you are at either SEME or SEAE. Students of all ranks can try for all teams at both schools giving a good mixture of youth and experience. It has been a problem in the recent past when young REME guys came up against grown up sides for want of a better expression, only because some of the younger lads were slightly intimidated. However they always played well and drew on the experience of the older guys on their team on career courses while the oldr guys enjoyed having young uns to run around like fit young things.

Join the REME if you want phase 2 rugby and are up to the standard to get in.
  8. I've got a mate who I used to play with at school who's in the RE, he's fcuking amazing at rugby now.

I'm already down as a CMT, and I don't really have the proper qualifications etc. to be an engineer.