Rudy Giuliani seeks strong US foreign policy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rudy Giuliani seeks strong US foreign policy
    Daily Telegraph
    Link

2. Anybody who dismisses the UN as "irrelevant to almost every major dispute of the past 50 years" is living in a bubble.

The West has consistently used the UN as a tool to advance their own ends and only after the UN grew some balls, circa 2003, did it become irrelevant.

If the UN had supported this ignominious war in Iraq, Rudy "Loverboy" Giuliani would not be singing this tune.

3. The UN is only as strong as the will of it's member nations though surely?,I think every 'block',the West included,is guilty of using the UN to further their own ends/agendas,it's just another place for diplomatic subterfuge.

4. Random,
    The will of the member countries does not count for much. You know that, I know that. Yes the 'blocks' have been responsible for all the tricks that have been carried through out the years in the name of freedom. During the cold war, for all intents and purposes, only two countries really mattered: The US and the USSR. Since then, only one will matters, ours.

The UN, in my own personal ignorance, will not survive and will not change so long as some countries were and are still created more equal than others.