Rudolph Hess exhumed

Is this going to turn into another conspiracy theory thread?

C

cloudbuster

Wonder what the authorities will think when they find an empty box at the bottom of the hole?

The should have done a Himmler or a Bin Laden on him. They still have a chance.

Hess was hardly a beacon of Naziness was he ? He went over the wire off his own bat (or effectively surrendering ..)

Ooops, sorry, forgot myself there and made a serious reply ...... doh !

Hess was hardly a beacon of Naziness was he ? He went over the wire off his own bat (or effectively surrendering ..)

Ooops, sorry, forgot myself there and made a serious reply ...... doh !
The idea being that he wanted to make peace between us and the Germans. The jackboot crowd love that idea.

Sorry for being a bit of a biff but why was he held for so long? Serious question.

I just wonder why the held him till he died when others like Speer got 20 years?

T

Tremaine

Not entirely inappropriate, given what was built over the subject's previous residence.
What,Hessco's?
Just got into Berlin too late to see the jail, which had been razed to the ground just before LI got to Brooke. Duty rumours were it wasn't really Hess in there anyway?

Live and let live lad, live and let live. Now where are the Neo-nazis going to gather? :? :policecap:

[video=youtube;wveW9Tw2JKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveW9Tw2JKE[/video]

So Stellvertreter des Führers and Obergruppenhfuhrer der SS Rudolf Hess, who joined the NSDAP with a single figure party number, was head of it's Central Political Committee and deputy leader, was "hardly a beacon of Nazism"?

"I'm just wearing it for a bet gov' - honest? I was going to a party with Harry's mates? I thought it looked dead ally? Oh alright gov', it's a fair cop..."

Fair comment Cuddles but he was a lightweight when it came to extermination etc. He bailed (pun intended) just before the party (again pun intended) really got started .

Sorry for being a bit of a biff but why was he held for so long? Serious question.

I just wonder why the held him till he died when others like Speer got 20 years?
For those of us still old enough to remember the Cold War (and it was bloody freezing in North Rhine Westphalia (Nordrhein Westfalen and Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony)), three of the original Governing Powers (The UK, USA and France) were not averse to releasing him on a number of occasions, but those nasty Soviets insisted that he remain in "HMP" Spandau because even in his maddened state, he refused to renounce old Adolf and Naziism - it also gave them more of an excuse for freedom of movement in West Berlin, when all they had was the Soviet War Memorial to guard........

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

The Russians (or to be more precise Stalin) thought his flight to the UK was part of an abortive plot for the Western Powers to make peace with Germany and leave Russia to face the Wehrmacht alone. Hence the Russians always blocked any attempt to release him.

His life sentence was the result of wheeler dealing among the judges: see Bradley F Smith - Reaching Judgement at Nuremberg. The Russians wanted him hanged, a couple of the western judges wanted a lighter sentence.

(Basically, although the judges were sworn to secrecy, one - Francis Biddle - kept notes about how the verdicts were reached. The notes were found after his death and used for the book mentioned above).

Wordsmith

Fair comment Cuddles but he was a lightweight when it came to extermination etc. He bailed (pun intended) just before the party (again pun intended) really got started .
You say that, like it's a bad thing? :twisted: