Rude Con Men

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cpunk, Oct 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Okay, bad enough as it is to have these fückers sending bogus emails the whole time, they're now taking the p1ss. I just got this:

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

I AM MR WANG QIN, WE ARE GROUP OF BUSINESS MEN WHO DEAL ON IMPORT AND EXPORT OF RAW MATERIALS INTO EUROPE, AMERICA AND CANADA, WE ARE SEARCHING FOR REPRESENTATIVE WHO CAN HELP US ESTABLISH A MEDIUM OF GETTING TO OUR COSTUMERS IN EUROPE AMERICA AND CANADA AS WELL MAKING PAYMENT THROUGH YOU TO US.

WE WILL BE VERY GLAD IF YOU CAN BE OUR REPRESENTATIVE IN YOUR COUNTRY AND EARN 10% OF EVERY PAYMENT MADE THROUGH YOU TO US.FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT US WITH YOUR FULL INFORMATIONS/CONTACT DETAILS.

OUR CONTACT DETAILS IS GIVEN BELOW.

NAME : MR WANG QIN.

EMAIL: wang_qin101@msn.com

BEST REGARD'S,

MR WANG QIN.

CEO.

2. So you're saying if he was a polite con man (or had a less unfortunate name), it'd be okay?

My mind is too tired to expand on the potential for fun here but I'm sure other arrsers have got some ideas as to how to reply to 'Mr Wang Qin'.

3. I just got my mobile phone bill. Some w*nkers have been sending me the crapiest jokes (which I did not request) and charging me £1.50 per joke. The number is 82388.

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Read the letter: Mr 'Wang Qin'???? :lol:

5. there is a website that gives you tips and tricks for playing these scammers you get in your inbox with a load of bollo replies to get their grollies in a lather. www.419eater.com is where there is loads of ideas. I wind these sh1tbags up on a regular basis. It is only what they deserve.

6. This is also a helpful site:

Fraud Watch International

I get this one monthly:

This bit always makes me laugh....

7. J_D

J_D LE

I know a guy who replied to one of these emails before. They then again asked for all of his details then asked if he wouldn't mind taking a flight to Nigeria to meet up with them and finalise the contract. He thought this was a bit fishy so he went to his government regarding this.

He was then informed that these types of people are a con. They are known for making you go to certain places, kidnapping you and demanding a ransom.

Good luck with that 8)

8. yup you got the jist of this thread didn't you!

9. Yes, i got it the first time. :)

Still don't doubt that this letter could be a genuine attempt at fraud. After reading some of the piddle that the Nigerian lot try, I can't help thinking this letter is written along similar lines. Even if the crook is thinly disguising himself, the barsteward.

10. There used to be an email address at NCIS where you could send the details of these scams to.

My own rude conman experience was rather different. It's 1996 and I'm meeting the future Mrs. Veg for lunch in Marylebone on a Saturday afternoon. Two scruffy blokes in a transit pull up and shout at me "Oi! Wanna buy some cheap speakers?"

Veg: "No, not really."

Rude Conmen: "Why not?"

Veg: "Because I already have some."

Rude Conmen: "But look at these beauties!"

They bundle out of the van and stand in front of me whilst one of them heaves some large German speaker system out of a cardboard box.

Rude Conmen: "Only a hundred quid...are you some kind of mug?"

Veg: "no, I'm not. Can I go?"

Rude Conmen: "OK, how about eighty quid?" (at this point the bloke is starting to remind me of Michael Palin haggling in Life of Brian)

Veg: "Go away."

Rude Conmen: "There's no need to be like that, cnut."

How they laughed as I produced my warrant card and told them they were both nicked on suspicion of handling stolen goods. The locals turned up and spent an hour searching their van and seizing the gear...never actually found out what happened which suggested that they weren't charged but at least their Saturday afternoon got properly FUBAR'd.

V!

11. If they were anything like the couple of dodgy looking blokes that sold my brother a tele and video, a few years back. There would have been empty black boxes.

To this day I can't understand why the pillock didn't notice the lack of weight of the tele.

<edited>
    Typo

12. J_D

J_D LE

There is a few dodgy looking Chinese guys who walk around west London (Ealing, Boston manor, Action etc). Then go in and out of shops and cafes trying to flog DVD's for £5. Sometimes your lucky and get a decent one. Other times, well lets just say "Home-ward bound" wasn't a kiddies movie!

13. What was it then?

14. They're still there! or more so. Got a couple fortnight ago. In fact, my SIL buys them quite regularly and never got a shite one. They must have not liked the look of you :D

Never a town called Action, its Acton.

15. The old speakers one! I haven't seen that for a while. The last time it happened to me was when I was stuck in a queue on the Marylebone Road. Transit pulled up alongside and out came the spiel, to which I was able to tell them that my answer was the same as yesterday, ie No! At least they laughed.