Rucking - Shoulder padding

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Site Admin - never walked up that hill - I assume it's something you spend a lot of time running up in the army? never been in British military (i can delete my account if the forum is ex British military ONLY).

Joined the forum to try and solve the shoulder strap problem - thanks for the advice / tips everyone

Seriously, do not leave as:

a. If it was Brit Mil only there'd only be a few people to talk to.

b. You took the "jokes" well and joined in. Zero dummies spat out.

c. This thread has been the best thing since . . . . . . . can't think of a decent analogy. Anyone?

@Site Admin - never walked up that hill - I assume it's something you spend a lot of time running up in the army? never been in British military (i can delete my account if the forum is ex British military ONLY).

Joined the forum to try and solve the shoulder strap problem - thanks for the advice / tips everyone

Have to do it, with the flour are you a Master baker

jsm83

Swinger
I wouldn’t persist with this; he’s an American. Colonel Sanders and Ronald McDonald are considered Michelin starred chefs over there.
I’m not American - but even sow, digging on me based on nationality is tasteless.

KFC is battered chicken (Scottish & African cuisine) and McDonalds is hamburger with julienne cut fries (European). As far as I can tell - Americans took European cuisine and added to it to become the new norm (one might say - superseeded it)

jsm83

Swinger
Bollocks . C’est becoming un pain in the arrse.
You think you’ve got it bad … imagine what life is like for these poor guys??!!

1637001279623.jpeg

1637001314706.jpeg

They are my

1637001444255.jpeg

anglo

LE

Stay on the site a little longer, and learn the ways of the site, piss taking is normal in some parts of this site.

That aside, Why do you want to carry half the frecking world on your shoulders, when you have no reason to
Gen question,

Stan_Deesey

War Hero
Just remembered...

If you can affix a strap between the shoulder straps and across your chest, that IME does help take some of the weight off your shoulders.

Hey BB, don´t they, or didn´t they have a different phonetic alphabet in the US Armed Forces?

In the US military your Arrse callsign would be ´Baker-Baker´.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread.

jsm83

Swinger
Stay on the site a little longer, and learn the ways of the site, piss taking is normal in some parts of this site.

That aside, Why do you want to carry half the frecking world on your shoulders, when you have no reason to
Gen question,

Haha it’s a good laugh mate ;-)

My fiancé and I want to travel the whole UK on foot, carrying all our belongings with us. This means cutting down on loads of belongings and unnecessary rubbish, but also exposure to long, tough hikes carrying weight - who knows how much??

I plot a 12km route on OSMaps- we then walk it. We started off at zero weight a year ago. The idea was - we train to walk / building weight first, then, when we have got enough weight, we will work on distance. The idea is we each make our own decision to go up 3kg, or stay put. So far I’m up to 33kg. (Misses is 18 or something). We walk very very slowly - we will work on speed later I guess. Now the pack is digging in and as I go up more and more - it’ll start being an issue.

Bollocks . C’est becoming un pain in the arrse.
You were doing so well and was the toast of the thread.
Then you started using French. :evil:

I've got right cob on now, I'm proper browned off.

This whole thread has become stale.

anglo

LE
Haha it’s a good laugh mate ;-)

My fiancé and I want to travel the whole UK on foot, carrying all our belongings with us. This means cutting down on loads of belongings and unnecessary rubbish, but also exposure to long, tough hikes carrying weight - who knows how much??

I plot a 12km route on OSMaps- we then walk it. We started off at zero weight a year ago. The idea was - we train to walk / building weight first, then, when we have got enough weight, we will work on distance. The idea is we each make our own decision to go up 3kg, or stay put. So far I’m up to 33kg. (Misses is 18 or something). We walk very very slowly - we will work on speed later I guess. Now the pack is digging in and as I go up more and more - it’ll start being an issue.
Good luck with that,

Got any pictures of fiancé, just so the lads can her check out, we wouldn't want you to get mixed up with
a wrong'n;)
:)

Latest Threads