RUC or B Special buttons ?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by TwentyBandH, Dec 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have been given some buttons, they are black bakerlite (or plastic?) they have the RUC badge with Kings Crown on them, they are unmarked on the back except one which has english make impressed . I was told they came off a Black heavy blanket type greatcoat and that they are B Specials buttons is that right or did the RUC & B Specials have the same buttons ?

    cheers in advance.
  2. loser
  3. Thankyou, very helpful answer.
  4. Black bakelite sounds like the old great coat ones and RUC/USC both had the same great coats only the uniforms were different RUC rifle green, USC black.
  5. Many thanks.