Rubbing between the legs

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by the_beer_man, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I go on long runs (8 miles +) I get chafing (spelling?) between my thighs. I've used vascaline up until now to stop it but it never seems to last long enough. I've been told of a stick that you rub on the inside of your thighs, sort of like a roll on deouderant, and that it's awesome for this sort of thing. But I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Anyone have an idea what I'm talking about?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No idea, but have you tried not running 8 miles and drive instead.
  3. Cafing?

4. Wear some lycra running shorts instead of your old blue PT shorts.
  5. pritt stick
  6. google "bodyglide"
  7. I was hoping for a lot more from a thread with this title.
  8. Me too!! Or even from the 'a stick that you rub on the inside of your thighs' comment! Maybe it's just us?... :twisted:
  9. Perhaps some sort of long undershorts would help. Underarmour make good ones and you can get them to help wick away your ball sweat or buy ones that keep them warm.
  10. Wear a pair of cycling shorts. Works a treat, even for fat cnuts like me.
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Ron Hills tracsters in the winter (still use the pair I bought in '89) or lycra shorts in the summer. Unfortunately for me the chaffing problem would happen a lot earlier than 8 miles +. In fact I doubt if this knackered and abused body would be happy running 8 miles + anymore.

I use vaseline when wearing a kilt!
  12. I just saw Christine Blakely on the one show, now I have a rubbing between my legs.

Have you tried running in a kilt ? that should cure it, just pretend to be Scottish
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

We probably posted at the same moment. It doesn't In fact Gentlemen with good muscular thighs like mine have a bit of problem with rubbing especially closer to the top. I use Vaseline but in the good old days they used to tuck a round stone under their scrote to keep everything apart.