Rubber Rank Slides

At the risk of some predictable responses about fetishwear, someone in our unit has a set of synthetic DPM rank slides with rubber stripes. I know this sounds like it'll look rubbish but it actually looks fine, you can't tell the difference from normal ones.

He can't remember where they came from apart from it was an ad in Soldier magazine, anyone any ideas?

psychobabble said:
At the risk of some predictable responses about fetishwear, someone in our unit has a set of synthetic DPM rank slides with rubber stripes. I know this sounds like it'll look rubbish but it actually looks fine, you can't tell the difference from normal ones.

He can't remember where they came from apart from it was an ad in Soldier magazine, anyone any ideas?

They last about 45 seconds in the field, and are rubbish. Do not touch!

A mate of mine has some too. He can't remember where he got them from, but I can find out. They have taken a beating and still strong. Maybe you got the s**t ones?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why the hell would you want rubber ones?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
budham said:
B_AND_T said:
Why the hell would you want rubber ones?

second tht !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lik wtf 4

dont fix it unless its broke tru story
CAPS LOCK ON and now txt spk.

Stop it.

A mate recently sent me a desert cam one when i got promoted. No idea what they are for, but its novel and looks bullet proof.

daywalker said:
Why would you want rank slides in the field anyway? :?
You've never worked with the Signals have you?

Name badges, unit badges, all manner of badges, berets, stable belts and all kinds of nutty stuff agogo.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I would have thought rubber rank slides were only for issue to those who keep getting bust and bouncing between ranks...

Sorry. Must do better with puns!

'rubber' rank slides have become increasingly common in the NHS Ambulance Service and SJA ( welsh SJA have had them for about 4 or 5 years now - their OR / NCO rank slides have a welsh dragon and 'st john cymru' text)

whats the point in a waterproof rank slide?! it's not like your pet hamster lives inside it or anything...

boney_m said:
A mate recently sent me a desert cam one when i got promoted. No idea what they are for, but its novel and looks bullet proof.
You're welcome.

Maybe its a new stylee w*nk sock :p

PoisonDwarf said:
boney_m said:
You're welcome.
I'm fairly sure its the only thing i own or have been issued that is fully NBC proof straight out of the packet!!

mph1977 said:
'rubber' rank slides have become increasingly common in the NHS Ambulance Service and SJA ( welsh SJA have had them for about 4 or 5 years now - their OR / NCO rank slides have a welsh dragon and 'st john cymru' text)
Now thinking about it, that I kinda get. For medics it probly makes more sense to have something that's easier to disinfect rather than a rotten old one covered with a half-dozen dashes of blood, MRSA or whatever...

But why for soldiers? There are no rankslides on NBC kit and there's no point in it on a goretex since you'll still be dry under it, wet pips or not. Unless someone dreamt this up for the RAMC or as a money-spinning scheme for gullible young squaddies?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
maninblack The NAAFI Bar 25
C Officers 17
atko Army Reserve 32