Rubber Rank Slides

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by psychobabble, Apr 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the risk of some predictable responses about fetishwear, someone in our unit has a set of synthetic DPM rank slides with rubber stripes. I know this sounds like it'll look rubbish but it actually looks fine, you can't tell the difference from normal ones.

He can't remember where they came from apart from it was an ad in Soldier magazine, anyone any ideas?

2. They last about 45 seconds in the field, and are rubbish. Do not touch!

3. A mate of mine has some too. He can't remember where he got them from, but I can find out. They have taken a beating and still strong. Maybe you got the s**t ones?

4. Cheers CBH, much appreciated. I know these ones have been through a washing machine on numerous occasions and are still ok.

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Why the hell would you want rubber ones?

6. second tht !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lik wtf 4

dont fix it unless its broke tru story

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

CAPS LOCK ON and now txt spk.

Stop it.

8. Budham, does your post come in English?

9. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Why would you want rank slides in the field anyway? :?

10. A mate recently sent me a desert cam one when i got promoted. No idea what they are for, but its novel and looks bullet proof.

11. You've never worked with the Signals have you?

Name badges, unit badges, all manner of badges, berets, stable belts and all kinds of nutty stuff agogo.

12. I would have thought rubber rank slides were only for issue to those who keep getting bust and bouncing between ranks...

Sorry. Must do better with puns!

13. 'rubber' rank slides have become increasingly common in the NHS Ambulance Service and SJA ( welsh SJA have had them for about 4 or 5 years now - their OR / NCO rank slides have a welsh dragon and 'st john cymru' text)

14. whats the point in a waterproof rank slide?! it's not like your pet hamster lives inside it or anything...