RTR

just been wondering if anyone can tell me if the RTR gets some operational work if so is it face to face fighting or just staying in the vehicle fighting.
can someone please answer my question
thanks

armytankieboy said:
how am i a walt i'm not even old enough to go in yet so i'm doing research before i do.
knob

Well, with that kind of fine attitude you'll go far young man...............................................very far!!

P

PrinceAlbert

Why would you join the tankies, then want to patrol and fight on foot???? Why get issued a mutli million bit of kit and not use it????

elovabloke

ADC
Soldier first :cry: tankie second unfortunatly, however most try to find good excuses for not wearing down the soles of their boots when they can. But it does happen.

armytankieboy said:
just been wondering if anyone can tell me if the RTR gets some operational work if so is it face to face fighting or just staying in the vehicle fighting.
thanks
I think RTR and Work put together might have confused some on here. :)

scarletto said:
armytankieboy said:
thanks
Scarletto........................

God you piss me off. wait until you are old enough to go to an AFCO, find out there like the rest of us then come on the t'internet.

scarletto said:
armytankieboy said:
thanks
Well, quite. I mean, why have people who are trained to shovel shit, and shovel it oneself.
Make maximum use of of the leather-fettlers skill-set(1)says I, keep those that have a clue 'til they're needed...

(1)Just thought I'd throw in a buzzword(2) there.
(2) Singular, natch.

soprano54 said:
scarletto said:
armytankieboy said:
thanks
PE4rocks........................
I quite agree. :lol:

Lucky we don't have to be polite to people who ask simple questions.
You know, like they do in the real world.

The Army is so small these days that everyone gets a turn at the more traditional infantry type roles.
Tank regiments and the like have always done the odd turn on foot like NI for instance.
As much as the men in black would love to drive down the main streets of N Ireland in a chally it would not be socially acceptable

the_butler said:
As much as the men in black would love to drive down the main streets of N Ireland in a chally it would not be socially acceptable
Troo. But then again, social acceptability has never been a strong requirement for us. :D