RTR

Discussion in 'RAC' started by armytankieboy, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just been wondering if anyone can tell me if the RTR gets some operational work if so is it face to face fighting or just staying in the vehicle fighting.
    can someone please answer my question
    thanks

2. how am i a walt i'm not even old enough to go in yet so i'm doing research before i do.
    knob

3. Well, with that kind of fine attitude you'll go far young man...............................................very far!!

4. And that told him........................lol

5. what?

6. Why would you join the tankies, then want to patrol and fight on foot???? Why get issued a mutli million bit of kit and not use it????

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Soldier first :cry: tankie second unfortunatly, however most try to find good excuses for not wearing down the soles of their boots when they can. But it does happen.

8. Like Karate or Warhammer?

9. I think RTR and Work put together might have confused some on here. :)

10. Scarletto........................[​IMG]

11. Do some research. How about www.google.com for a start?

Yes the RTR do get operational tours, quite alot of them as it happens...

12. God you piss me off. wait until you are old enough to go to an AFCO, find out there like the rest of us then come on the t'internet.

13. If you'd been able to get to the Tank Museum last weekend you could have got your answers first hand.

14. Well, quite. I mean, why have people who are trained to shovel shit, and shovel it oneself.
    Make maximum use of of the leather-fettlers skill-set(1)says I, keep those that have a clue 'til they're needed...

(1)Just thought I'd throw in a buzzword(2) there.
    (2) Singular, natch.