• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RTR staff sergeant crown place placement

Hi wonder if any RTR guys here can assist me, on looking at a Sergeant RTR stripes on a Number 2 dress, they have a single WW1 tank on the right arm, if you are promoted to Staff Sergeant, where would you put the crown ? above or below the Tank emblem, wouldn't it look lopsided if a Crown goes above the Tank ? or is the Tank emblem is moved up above the Crown? as far as I am aware only ONE Tank emblem is worn throughout the ranks ?

Its something I am not too sure of and I would like some clarification please, thanks Guys.

sandfox said:
Hi wonder if any RTR guys here can assist me, on looking at a Sergeant RTR stripes on a Number 2 dress, they have a single WW1 tank on the right arm, if you are promoted to Staff Sergeant, where would you put the crown ? above or below the Tank emblem, wouldn't it look lopsided if a Crown goes above the Tank ? or is the Tank emblem is moved up above the Crown? as far as I am aware only ONE Tank emblem is worn throughout the ranks ?

Its something I am not too sure of and I would like some clarification please, thanks Guys.
All ranks wear the same Tank Arm Badge on No 2 dress............the SSgt crown goes above the Tank Arm badge, stripes below.

Arthur3bums said:
sandfox said:

All ranks wear the same Tank Arm Badge on No 2 dress............the SSgt crown goes above the Tank Arm badge, stripes below.
I concur! :D

soprano54 said:
Arthur3bums said:
sandfox said:

Thanks Guys, so it doesn't really matter if looks a little lopsided, that is still the correct dress for RTR ?

sandfox said:
soprano54 said:
Arthur3bums said:
sandfox said:

Thanks Guys, so it doesn't really matter if looks a little lopsided, that is still the correct dress for RTR ?
Sited correctly, it doesn't look lopsided........it's an optical illusion.

Latest Threads