rtr crewman trade badges on 95`s

Discussion in 'RAC' started by trooper142, Jun 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rtr used to wear tank badge on shoulder of coveralls for full crewman (for a while)if this is still the practice does this extend to 95`s?

many thanks in advance for any replies :lol:

Attached Files:

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

The answer is no.

RTR only wear the Mk4 Tank on the left sleev of their coverall, No2 and No1 dress.

The only thing you should wear on your CS95 that identifies you as RTR is the regimental slide / rank slide.

Hope that is clear.
  3. many thanks for clearing that up
  4. mysteron

My error,

Having just looked at it!!!!

It is the right sleeve!!!!!!!!!

5. QRIH introduced 'Mech' badges for coveralls and combats in the early 90's. Not sure if this was carried on or not, but do know a few other Regiments thought it was a good idea.
  6. mysteron

SCOTS DG started it too. Unfortunately, they do look crap.

Badges on green coveralls just doesn't look right at all neither does a badly drawn CR2 on CS95 look either.
  7. Our Colonel was one of the ones who liked it. Must have started it after I left.
  8. You were right the 2nd time Mysteron, it is the right sleeve and Trooper142 I belive it is only Mechs that wear the badge, ie Dvr/Gnr Mechanic. Oh and the bleeps in the Sqn's
  9. mysteron

No such thing as a mech anymore!!!

So it is full crewman now. Sorry extankie, you are showing your age!!!!!!
  10. Don't you mean Crewmech? Crewman is only all three trades at basic B3 level. The next progression is that of crewmech isn't it! I always tought it was one of the weakest thought out reshuffles for the RAC. Now we have jacks of all trades but masters in none (rhetorical before anyone gets the hump)
  11. mysteron

Showing your age as well Woofy. There is no such thing as mech or crew mech anymore. The courses that they complete is now the advanced driver, gunner or signaller course. It is the equivalent qual as the old ones but is less detialed and a shorter course.

What does this mean? People who become instructors have a bloody hard time of it!!!
  12. Well I never! The standards dilution on the last change were bad enough but to lower the standard again is a joke. Passing the crew commanders course was hard enough before but to approach it now with even less knowledge of the subject matter is a recipe for disaster. Bet it had the schools lot chewing sticks for ages. Just hope they don't make it any worse and we end up with an unqualified half trained Armoured corps like the yanks.
  13. mysteron

Ooooops, too late :lol:
  14. I am sure it will change again before this conversation is over! Anyway I'm glad I have one on my sleave or I would forget what a tank would look like!
  15. mysteron

Tankie, you don't know what one looks like!! Get some steel under your arrse!!!! N.I.G.!!!!!!!!!!