RTMC Chilwell

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Dooney, Sep 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I am due to go to RMTC Chilwell in the next couple of days and i am wondering what is going to happen there. I am being mobilised in a Home Only postion in welfare support for OP TELIC 7.
    If anyone has any information it will be greatly recieved.
    Thanks Dooney
  2. you will be Mr Admin.
  3. And the food at Chillwell is arrse.
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

When (if) I get time, I can point you at other threads - or to save time, just check the 'back pages' of the TA Forum, and you'll find plenty of advice and guidance, as well as a pretty comprehensive explanation of what goes on.

Don't worry overly - you'll find them a pretty slick and professional organisation, as they blooming well should be by now :)
  5. if you can pass your WHT then you are way over qualified for RTMC staff. ;)
  6. Hiya,
    I will be Miss Admin thank you lol
    I will have a look at the back pages and see what i can see.
    I am more worried about the medical side , it is alot more scarey than a WHT !!!! lol
  7. have they told you anything about what youll be doing?
  8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't worry about the Medical - if you have four limbs, and aren't asthmatic (even then, for a UK deployment, you may get away with it) them you are going to be OK.

They aren't there to fail you, but to get you through, after all :)
  9. It isn't the Medical you need to worry about really. The majority of fails are dental. To be fair, this might be less important if you are going for a HO post.
  10. ... I know of an insulin dependant diabetic who passed medical and got sent to Bosnia last year or maybe '03. You just need to be able to breath in and out in the right order and you're in!!
  11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Out of curiousity, is there a swim test? I mention it because though its not on the kit list, there is a sentance saying that swim wear will be required at RTMC. Or are they just throwing us all a beach party?
  12. msr

msr LE

Beach party 8) So no speedos :oops:

13. just across the road is an extremely large 24hr tescos, so if you do forget anything then you can get it there.
  14. thats a lie when i went there .Tescos was completly out of back bones ,moral or clues but i wasen't the only one who lost theirs
    so just blended in :lol:
  15. Well, his teeth must have been ok then!