RTC DSs, please read!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Mulligan, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question- I should point out I am no incarnation of McKelvie, BTW.

I'm an OCdt with an RTC, and need to redo my Mod 1 due to having been out of the TA for a while. It would be easier for me to take a 2-week block off work & do the intensive Mod 1 than to drag it out over weekends, some of which I may be called upon to work/travel for work purposes at short notice.

My OTW does its Mod1 with a regional RTC, which unfortunately is not doing any intensive Mod1s until October- I want to crack on with it ASAP, however, so I can get on with Mods2,3 etc & ideally go off on ops (whether as a Tom or newly-minted subbie) sooner rather than later.

So:

1) are there any RTCs anywhere in the UK doing an intensive Mod1 course the spring or summer? I know of Summer Challenge, eg, but are non-Jocks allowed to piggyback onto it?

2) If so, would I be able to book myself on one? I will of course go back to my DS/PSAO once it's been cleared in principle, and ask them nicely to handle the paperwork now that I've shown my occiferish initiative...

Thanks,

M

2. Not being in that wing the only help I can give is that I'll ask what the score is regarding that for SC08 Summer Leader, unless ther is some in the know in the 'area'.

3. 145 home counties brigade are apparently running a summer challenge this year

4. Each RF Division - 2, 4 and 5, have been tasked to deliver an Ex SC type event in 08 so ask through your chain of command - someone should be in the know.

5. I already have done- I come under one of those divisions- and apparently there's nothing till October.

If anyone can give chapter & verse with dates etc, I'll be incredibly grateful.

Thanks,

M

6. Chin me again on Friday morning to remind me and I'll ask at our place, are you prepared to come North of the border?

7. I am indeed, & will be grateful if you could ask around.

Thanks,

M

8. 15 Bde are running the Summer Leader and 6 Scots are running summer challenge. Speak to your PSI there should be place for people outside of the 15 Bde. On last years Summer Leader there were people from all over the UK and the year before there was a few lads from other bdes.

9. 145 Bde and LONDIST are doing Summer Challenge from 19 July to 5 Sept. You can do MOD 2 and 3 as well and if you can take the time off and have passed AOSB main board (old RCB) (which you can take in August) can do Module 4 in 3 weeks 57-28 Sept and hey presto a TA officer. PM me for more.

WHich divsion are you?

ET

10. Whoops, have just realised a 7-week SC might not endear me to my boss.

Just to clarify, I need a 2-weekish Mod1 please, anywhere in UK.

Thanks,

M

Edited to add: extrader, have PM'd, thanks.

11. Just a few points of clarification - its 4 DIV RTC(SE) that is running EX SC08 (inc Summer Leader) in the South, and that you have to sign up for the whole 7 weeks and not just for a particular phase/mod

12. Just a few points of clarification - its 4 DIV RTC(SE) that is running EX SC08 (inc Summer Leader) in the South, and that you have to sign up for the whole 7 weeks and not just for a particular phase/mod