Rt.Hon.mr.Brown in the ME

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jul 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080720/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_brown;_ylt=Ak8IP9TGz2wn7CGWhnTV8yBw24cA

From formal point of view highly esteemed mr.Brown is right. However, taking into account approaching elections in the UK it was a mistake to make such a statement (about settlements). Without complete, unconditional support of Israel electoral perspectives of the Labour become quite uncertain (more right quite certain).

If I were mr.Brown I would use another wording, make another accents, underline security of Israel as a paramount.

In comparison with such an excellent politician as mr.Blair image of talented mr.Brown is rather bleak.

2. msr

msr LE

You are not alone.

I think we all appreciate your grasp of the British understatement.

msr

3. Not unless there is a massive contingent of Jews in middle England that I've overlooked.

4. Perhaps Mr. Brown is sick and tired of the Israeli government taking and not giving? Perhaps he's sick and tired of having to always pussyfoot around Israeli Government sensibilites? Perhaps he's sick and tired of doling out money to the Israeli Government, on the promise of peace discussions happening?

Maybe he's realised all the money being donated to the Israeli Government is simply enabling them to build settlements quickly and cheaply?

Or pehaps he's not bothered because he's not using fundraisers with close ties to Tel Aviv?

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

30 million of my money squandered on more lying thieving asswipes and not even at home either!
    Good at giving away our money isnt he?

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There I feel a bit better now!

6. Parapauk, I'm sure that you personally have your own position, that you are absolutely free from external influence. But sad truth of our political realities is widespread usage of polit-technologies, political ads, black propaganda and so on. It requires a lot of money. And those who pay are able to determine future governments. It is true not only in the UK but in other countries (including Russia).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/labour/1570983/David-Abrahams-hints-at-frequent-meetings-with-PM.html

Young, active and talented mr.Cameron is fighting for Jewish donations as well. And it looks as he is winning.

http://www.thejc.com/home.aspx?ParentId=m11s19s116&SecId=116&AId=46698&AType

So taking into account unwise (from my point of view) statement made by mr.Brown about settlements it seems to me that the Conservatives are in a better position.

7. Who knows PTP, who knows. However apparently our Israeli friends openly ignore 'hints' made by the master of 10.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080724/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians;_ylt=Aq16LFmrB6jVGL020wSbWpFw24cA

It is interesting to hear mr.Brown's comments. Maybe learned mr.Milliband would like to make a statement.

Also what would be a reaction of mr.Blair?

8. PTP,

I am tempted to post something but believe I did therefore I would be breaking OPSEC, but with your comments I'll think that you'll find that Britain FP interests lie a lot more deeper in Israel, than what your Joe average actually know. There is just more than what meets the eye here, a lot more.

9. The UK and Israel have never been particularly close, except for 1956.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There has been an awful lot of military science cooperation especially with regard to Soviet technology, we have had scientists in newly captured areas testing abandoned vehicles and systems as soon as possible after each little war!
    Thats how reactive armour was developed!
    There is no opsec on this as the chap responsible did a good program on tv about it this year!

11. 1 day in Iraq,3 in Israel.What impression does that give in The Middle East.Does Nu Liabor care?

12. Doubt anyone in the Mideast really cares what Brown thinks.