RSPD

This email's been forwarded to me by some friends in Canada.

What does the WWI British Army acronym "R.S.P.D." stand for?
Following is an excerpt from a WWI Roll of Honour called " Our Heroes of Exning" by Rev. H.P. Brewer & Rev. C.R. Farnsworth published 1919, where it is used. It could be Unit specific but I have no way of knowing that for sure.
I am trying to find out as much as I can about this soldier's service record.

Robert Henry FALLICK*

Private 41713, 8th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment, killed in action 31/7/1917, age 35, commemorated: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL Ieper, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium. Son of Silas and Mary Fallick, of The Post Office, Aldingbourne, Chichester, Sussex; husband of Annie Lavinia Fallick, of Council Houses, Soulbury, Leighton Buzzard, Bucks. Born Ardingbourne, Sussex, enlisted Halton, Hampshire, resident Exning. Formerly 144965, R.S.P.D., Royal Army Service Corps

A Google search for "RSPD Army" only turns up this same soldier's record. Anyone got any ideas?

sm.

Hello Smithie,
I'm looking for some info about one of my relatives who is mentioned in the book "Our Exning Heroes" mentioned by your Canadian friends. I have not been able to get a copy of the book to find out what it says about my cousin - do your friends actually have the book, or just a piece from it?

A Google search for "RSPD Army" only turns up this same soldier's record. Anyone got any ideas?

sm.

sm.
RSPD stands for Reserve Supply Personnel Depot, Army Service Corps.

RSPD stands for Reserve Supply Personnel Depot, Army Service Corps.
Thank God you turned up..... twelve years we've been waiting for someone to answer this post.... 12 years..!! Bless you guv'nor.... we can stand down now...

Thank God you turned up..... twelve years we've been waiting for someone to answer this post.... 12 years..!! Bless you guv'nor.... we can stand down now...
Glad I've been able to help Rob's Dad!
I'm in the early stages of writing a book on mine and my wife's ancestors who have served in the services. Several of them were in the Army Service Corps. Essentially, this massive part of the Army provided all of the back up to the fighting units. Here's a link to a website that has a lot of information about the Army Service Corps - The Army Service Corps in the First World War – The Long, Long Trail You'll find a reference to the RSP Depot in the text 'The Supply section, Field Bakeries and Butcheries'.
All the best
Brian

Latest Threads