RSM=CMT...I dont think so!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SpeckledJim, Aug 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's a mischievous rumour going around that only CMTs can be considered for RSM of Med units. Please tell me that this is an elaborate spoof. How can the criteria for RSM be previous service in a Med unit, the ability to paint boxes and put up tents! Answers on postage post!

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Well the majority of non-CMT RSM's have been less than effective. I won't name units but the Mess is weak, the relationship with the CO's are strained to a point the Unit suffers. I have seen this on several occaisions.

A weak Sgt's Mess means a weak Unit, where the wrong people are running a Unit. Officers to be specific.

The CMT has been schooled in how a Unit functions, Technicians, which I assume Mr Jim is alluding to, are just that Technicians. They have no career background in large Units, they are individuals, who see a Fd Unit on a short tour where they perseve they are the poor relation. (Obviously a 're-tread' may dispute this).

But hey I've seen poor CMT RSM's, but the day we get the first RGN's and X-ray's tech RSM- we're doomed!

Technicians, stay pushing buttons or count sperm or scrubiing walls, RSM is not for you. Just be a WO1 and get paid a fortune and continue mocking CMT's from a distance. You will be happy- trust me.

3. How many times have I got to tell you venty? RADIOGRAPHERS :wink:

& unfortunately, we don't get short tour postings to feild units, we get the same postings as CMT's ( :cry: ). But RSM, no thank you.

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The voice of Common sense.

5. Much as I do like mocking CMTs from a distance, RSM of a field unit? Hey I'll do it. Surely mocking CMTs from the position of RSM would be even more fun!

6. It's like the advert for Yorkie bars.

Yorkies are NOT for girls.

Field Ambulances are NOT for Nurses or Techs. FULL STOP.

7. So why do they put them in the new ration packs? yorkies that is, not field amby's!

8. Aren't they Medical Regiments now? And fancy me a girly nurse knowing that!

Hand over the Yorkie bars boys some of us girlies like all the same things as you!

9. You do a fine job of that by yourselves, there is no need for any help from us.

Now Venty i'm just off to press a button, cos thats all I do really.

10. yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! hubba hubba

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I know.

12. CMT RSMs are a thing of the past, the Grey Mafia have a foothold (or 4 to be precise) oh well, as Take That once sang 'everything changes'.

13. Not exactly correct Venty, but I know where you're coming from. Although many techs do serve in the Med Regts, they don't fill any of the, what you would call, key posts, like SQMS, RQMS and CSM that would naturally lead to the RSMs appointment. My "gripe" is that those tech's who have the profile and want to be considered for an RSMs appointment, seem to be excluded. You can't tell me that the QA's can't find someone suitable to be an RSM of a Fd Hosp!! (they're getting everywhere as it is) and how about the Corps RSM, he could be any trade.

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

They aren't real RSMs, they are just WO1's in charge!

15. Had a Trolley Dolley one (RSM) up here some 2 years ago,What a Cnut she was.Lots of pers left.

Expected commission, but never got it. I wonder why.!!!!!!!