RSIST

Just a quick question as no one has a straight answer at Pirbright, can lads go straight to an RSIST after completion of phase 2 training?

You have to pass a selection course to get on RSIST. So no chance from class 3.

Go enjoy the job and learn it properly before trying to do it potentially on the front line.

Or...and I know this is an edgy concept now, some may even describe it as thinking out of the box...

JOIN THE ******* INFANTRY AND THEN DO A SIGNALS COURSE AFTER.

Or...and I know this is an edgy concept now, some may even describe it as thinking out of the box...

JOIN THE ******* INFANTRY AND THEN DO A SIGNALS COURSE AFTER.
You got a chip on your shoulder?

This isn't the naafi. Someone is asking for advice. What's wrong with wanting to have a good trade then want to test it fully where it matters?

If someone wants to join the infantry signals platoon they will but not because some gobshite who thinks they are funny tells them to.

You got a chip on your shoulder?

This isn't the naafi. Someone is asking for advice. What's wrong with wanting to have a good trade then want to test it fully where it matters?

If someone wants to join the infantry signals platoon they will but not because some gobshite who thinks they are funny tells them to.
Calm down dear.

If someone asks if they can go straight from basic/phase 2 to an infantry support role then that's saying to me that he may be going about things arse about tit.

How many times do we get question about "x" trade asking if they can go all airborne/commando/gay biker as soon as they leave phase two?

It's tedious - if you want to be a big bad infantryman then join as one as there are no short cuts through the other trades.

I am infantry (ex R Sigs) however I was only asking as no one at pirbright had a definitive answer for the blokes.

It's tedious - if you want to be a big bad infantryman then join as one as there are no short cuts through the other trades.
Care to explain how a 2 year trade course is a shortcut into the infantry???? May just be me, but that appears to be a pretty ******* stupid comment?

Care to explain how a 2 year trade course is a shortcut into the infantry???? May just be me, but that appears to be a pretty ******* stupid comment?
Hmmmm let me think...not having to do the whole combat infantrymans course and all that?

It's not an academic short cut it's a physical one and thats not going to happen because as others have pointed out there is a selection process.

That said, there was once a trial to send lads to 18 Sig Regt straight from training, and with the state of the RSIST manning at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if the PD changed to allow it.

CIC is probably as long as most Signals Courses now... there are certainly none that last 2 years. Even the Foremans course finishes at 18 months.

But Buzz is being a muppet. RSIST are not a 'short cut' to the Inf, but are an interesting, highly demanding role for the discerning Signalman.

CIC is probably as long as most Signals Courses now... there are certainly none that last 2 years. Even the Foremans course finishes at 18 months.

But Buzz is being a muppet. RSIST are not a 'short cut' to the Inf, but are an interesting, highly demanding role for the discerning Signalman.
If you read the post you will see that the OP has been asked the question by lads hoping they can go straight on to RSIST.

I would describe that as thinking you will be able to get around having to do the infantry training bit, that's a shortcut.

If you can't grasp the concept then don't comment.

Cheers CF... I guessed that would probably be the case nowadays.

Although joining the signals, getting a trade and applying for the RSIST: In order to get a job within the infantry...

What kind of moronic ******* shortcut is that??????

I can hand on heart say that no phase 2 soldier will be considered for an RSIST team.

to the OP - if your at pirbright then look up some of the scalies that are there ask them for the relevant numbers or a copy of the "wire" magazine.....lots of numbers in there regarding RSIST and the criteria for joining.

failing that, PM me as ill be in your neck of the woods later this month, after a short stop in blandford..can do some digging if you still need the answer.

If you read the post you will see that the OP has been asked the question by lads hoping they can go straight on to RSIST.

I would describe that as thinking you will be able to get around having to do the infantry training bit, that's a shortcut.

If you can't grasp the concept then don't comment.
Do you actually know what an RSIST is?

It isn't anything to do with being an Infantry Soldier, why would they be trying to 'get around the Inf Trg bit'?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JesterRIP Blue Jokes 0
JesterRIP Blue Jokes 0
W Health and Fitness 1