RSigs Stable Belt & Rank Slides

#1
Hello all,

Shortly (hopefully) to commission into the Royal Signals and am aware that in the next few weeks I will be presented with my Corps tie, Stable Belt and 1x 2Lt Rank Slide.

I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me where I can get another Rank Slide from?

Many thanks,

Goon
 
#3
;
If you ask really nicely, maybe Santa will bring you one
 
#4
god help us .... a new officer cant even figure out were to get another rank slide ..... in this day and age ..... sod being on ops with him
 
#5
Do you not buy your tie and stable belt like everyone else?

RSigs rank slides available in every PRI shop, or from the museum..... or many shops will make them up for you.
 
#6
;
My little girl has decided to make some '1 pips' for you, available in a variety of colours. just choose one, superglue it to your combat shirt and watch how impressed the RSM on your first morning in the regiment.
 
#7
chocolate_frog said:
Do you not buy your tie and stable belt like everyone else?

RSigs rank slides available in every PRI shop, or from the museum..... or many shops will make them up for you.
We get presented the tie and (I believe) the Stable Belt in the last week of Sandhurst as a sort of "welcome aboard".

Regarding the fact that I don't know where to buy things like rank slides and stable belts, it's because it's something were not exposed to whilst at Sandhurst, so of course I don't know where to get these things from!

Thank you for that, I'll try the museum out.
 
#8
The_Goon said:
chocolate_frog said:
Do you not buy your tie and stable belt like everyone else?

RSigs rank slides available in every PRI shop, or from the museum..... or many shops will make them up for you.
We get presented the tie and (I believe) the Stable Belt in the last week of Sandhurst as a sort of "welcome aboard".

Regarding the fact that I don't know where to buy things like rank slides and stable belts, it's because it's something were not exposed to whilst at Sandhurst, so of course I don't know where to get these things from!

Thank you for that, I'll try the museum out.
Bloody hell, classic line. Was the wine served correctly chilled?

:D :D :D :D
 
#10
Dont get mestarted on thieving little c**ts. Somebody had my stable belt away the morning on an RSM's parade whilst at 2. Wouldnt of minded as much, if my 3 week old Leatherman wasnt still attached. Just cant trust people these days...
Presented eh? Must be nice to not have to pay for the bloody thing. I wouldnt of bothered personally, but being told that its 'Regimental policy to have one' isnt what i like to hear!
 
#11
KeepCalmCarryOn said:
Dont get mestarted on thieving little c**ts. Somebody had my stable belt away the morning on an RSM's parade whilst at 2. Wouldnt of minded as much, if my 3 week old Leatherman wasnt still attached. Just cant trust people these days...
Presented eh? Must be nice to not have to pay for the bloody thing. I wouldnt of bothered personally, but being told that its 'Regimental policy to have one' isnt what i like to hear!
Steal Keeps, he wont mind!
 
#12
Re OP, for the extra slides.

There may be Lts who can give you their old ones.... saves the poor subby money.
 
#13
The_Goon said:
chocolate_frog said:
Regarding the fact that I don't know where to buy things like rank slides and stable belts, it's because it's something were not exposed to whilst at Sandhurst, so of course I don't know where to get these things from!
So you found arrse.co.uk but didn't come across google or ebay in the mean time?


2nd Lt polar69 why didnt you attack that enemy position after you cleared the first one ?

Oh, gee sorry no one told me I had too !! :x
 
#14
Tried eBay and Google, Polar69, eBya didn't throw anything up, and I couldn't find any Rank slides for the Royal Signals through google, although I did find some Stable Belts through Google.

I'm not using Arrse as my first port of call, but it does have plenty of people who may know the answer, so I thought it would be a good place to ask the question.
 
#16
The_Goon said:
Tried eBay and Google, Polar69, eBya didn't throw anything up, and I couldn't find any Rank slides for the Royal Signals through google, although I did find some Stable Belts through Google.

I'm not using Arrse as my first port of call, but it does have plenty of people who may know the answer, so I thought it would be a good place to ask the question.
you do know they are the same as every other pip in any other corp dont you? although you do get nice blue ones from the r sigs museum blandford with a stiched royals signals footer on them! :oops: 8O and try HM SUPPLIES, Aldershot.... in fact most surplus stores up and down the country....... ISSUED STABLE BELT? :crash:

Good day to you, sir!
 
#18
Bloody hell, it's like the Daily Mail letters page in here. A new guy asks a perfectly reasonably question, due to lacking psychic ability, and he gets shot down for asking it. He could go to eBay, but it might not necessarily be the most efficient / cheapest method of doing so, so he asks the people who are in a position to answer. Pedantic fcukers.
 
#19
Photocopy one.

Seriously, you aren't the first person that this has happened too.

Show some initiative, eh?
 
#20
I would also rather have hoped that someone about to commission into the Corps would know that the abbreviation is "R Signals" not "RSigs", but hey I'm just a crusty old traditionalist...
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top