Rsig TA

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by mightbeasig, Jun 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I’m looking for a wee bit of advice.

I’m in the TA, trade trained but still a crow.
    I really love being in the TA and would never want to leave but I’m beginning to think I may be in the wrong kind of unit.

I’m thinking about rebadging to the Rsigs.
    I’m only thinking about it at this point and I don’t want to make official contact with a Sig unit until I am sure that I’m making the right decision for fear that they may feel obliged to let my current unit know I’m thinking of leaving. I don’t want my current unit to think I’m disloyal, I like the people there but as I said I think I may be in the wrong kind of unit for me.

I have a HND in business information technology, a BSc in computer network management, I’m about to do a home study course for an A+, N+, security+, and server+.
    As you have probably gathered my civvy job is in IT, I work in a network admin/helpdesk role, and have 3yrs industry experience.

I don’t want to give anymore information away about myself for PERSEC reasons.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what kind of trades would be available to me in a TA Rsigs unit.

Thanks in advance :D
  2. The officer side of things isn’t really an option for me just now.
    I may have the education but I’m lacking in leadership qualities, I need a bit of personal development before I could go down that route.

Really I’d just like to hear about the trades I could do as a tom, the Sigs strike me as being more interesting than what I’m doing now.
  3. Sounds like the perfect orifice to me !
  4. Do you really want to be doing the same type of job with the TA as you do in civvy street?

If you do and what to get into the IS side rather than the current operator side it may be worth talking to the likes of Cardinal_Sin, Poison_Dwarf and those other psuedo-geeks.
  5. Mightbeasig I have PMed you
  6. check your PMs