RSC Requirements?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Matthew_Fardell, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    I will be going to RSC Pirbright soon, and i was wondering what the requirements for everything is?
    I already know that the 1.5mile run is 14:30 as I will be going in at Junior Entry,
    But, what are other requirements?
    and i was also wondering if situps, pressups ect. is something that is done at RSC?

If you could PM me or just post here, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. I thought the 1.5 run was 12 minutes? meh, if you get 14:30 then you really need to work on it, try to get it down to 10/11 at least

You'll have to do weights (what level depends on Corps) pull-ups, situps and push ups I know there's more but christ I did it 4 years ago and buggered if I can remember specifics
  3. i can do the 1.5 mile run in 10:30 but the requirement is 14:30.
    i cant really do push ups.. bout 22 in 2 minutes! thats awful!
  4. dont think you do sit ups or press ups at RSC. Couple of machines to test strength, 20kg then 55kg static lift i think it was, and heaves, and jerry can carry.
    Then the mile and a half which yeah in theory is 14 1/2 mins but you should really be aiming for better than 12 mins
  5. wether it's changed or not or wether it was just specific to RSC Lichfield there was push ups, pull ups and sit ups with the weights and tension(?) test

also bleep test
  6. ok thanks guys, you helped me alot.
    but to make sure when i go for my interview i will ask.

7. I went just February there. No press ups and sit ups are involved but they are looking to bring that back in at some point. They havent decided when yet. Pull ups you have to do as well as your other strength tests (jerry can carry, static liff, back strength etc). The run is 14:30 for juniors but the chances of them accepting you if you did it at that time would be very slim :)