• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RSC in one week - training?

Hi all,

Ok, just passed both my interviews today and have received my RSC date for October 19th. I've been training pretty much every day so far, with 3-4 mile runs, press-up, sit-up and pull-up circuits.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a training programme for the next few days that could "possibly" boost my overall fitness. I can run the 1.5 miler in about 10 minutes, 72 press-ups/69 sit-ups in 2 minutes and 8 pull-ups. Last month I couldn't do much training at all due to illness, but I have been cracking with a few runs these last few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Regards
Ayrey

What about Hill running? I guess that would kind of boost your over all fitness?

I'm trying not to over do it at the moment for the fear of injury but I can run a mile in about 8.30-9.00 minutes, does anyone think I'd be ok to do my mile and half in less than 14 minutes?

I dunno what my time for a mile is, but I can run just over 1.5 miles in 10.12, and the max time for AFC Entry is 13.30. With a time of 9 mins for a mile Im sure that'd be good enough at the RSC for your 1.5 mile run, by the way which RSC are you going to?

Hey Charlotte,

You should be fine on the day, as you'll be running against/with others, so your time should be a little better on the day. I guess best thing to do is just keep running up until 24hrs before we have to go down :wink:

Ayrey said:
Hi all,

Ok, just passed both my interviews today and have received my RSC date for October 19th. I've been training pretty much every day so far, with 3-4 mile runs, press-up, sit-up and pull-up circuits

RSC? Royal Sheakspere Company?............................you should be joining the AGC, they're full of lurvies!!

Only yanking your chain, best of luck.

Latest Threads