RSC in one week - training?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Ayrey, Oct 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Ok, just passed both my interviews today and have received my RSC date for October 19th. I've been training pretty much every day so far, with 3-4 mile runs, press-up, sit-up and pull-up circuits.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a training programme for the next few days that could "possibly" boost my overall fitness. I can run the 1.5 miler in about 10 minutes, 72 press-ups/69 sit-ups in 2 minutes and 8 pull-ups. Last month I couldn't do much training at all due to illness, but I have been cracking with a few runs these last few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. What about Hill running? I guess that would kind of boost your over all fitness?

I'm trying not to over do it at the moment for the fear of injury but I can run a mile in about 8.30-9.00 minutes, does anyone think I'd be ok to do my mile and half in less than 14 minutes?
  3. I dunno what my time for a mile is, but I can run just over 1.5 miles in 10.12, and the max time for AFC Entry is 13.30. With a time of 9 mins for a mile Im sure that'd be good enough at the RSC for your 1.5 mile run, by the way which RSC are you going to?
  4. I'm going to Lichfield next Thursday
  5. Oh, well good luck, Im off to Pirbright soon...
  6. :D Yeah same to you too

Edit: Fecking smilies
  7. Hey Charlotte,

You should be fine on the day, as you'll be running against/with others, so your time should be a little better on the day. I guess best thing to do is just keep running up until 24hrs before we have to go down :wink:
  8. I know I'll run my heart out on the day I just hope it's enough to get in. If not I need to think of a career change
  9. Lichfield? I was there in '94!!!! lol
  10. Bradders the max time for AFC is 14:30
  11. Thanks for letting me know Dusty, even easier now... lol.
  12. This link might be helpful tells you limits, training programmes and what goes on at the RSC
  13. Thanks for the link Flynn, some pretty useful info on there, thanks again...
  14. Thanx for the link. i was reading it and it saus military/training awareness. what exactly do they mean by that?

15. RSC? Royal Sheakspere Company? should be joining the AGC, they're full of lurvies!!

Only yanking your chain, best of luck.