Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RS Jnr Cmdr Cse (TA)

S_S<

Yep.... it was 10th Feb. I wasn't sure how many exactly roll-up, but your right it wasn't the full 31. (I think the rest had heard how hard it was going to be and binned it :) lol

As I've said, I thought the course was hard, but achievable and I'd felt short changed if it was purely an attendance course.

I was slightly surprised by how many binned it compared to what I'd heard in the past........

polar

LE
GSSigs said:
RSigs Class one course, bring it on!

All,

Please send feedback once completed.

If its at ECDL level let the staff know (plus also inform your TA YofS's and/or operator SNCO) (and not the internet) - as this means TA future SNCO's are being taught regular recruit lessons.

p.s. If you haven't got your class 2-1 workbook, ensure you get it tommorrow.... and watto yes I fully intend to get yours sent down and so

p.p.s. Those in 33/34/35 you will also need this workbook -- its for all operators

p.p.p.s. Scary I'm just trying to ensure Cpl's get trained correctly and not stir things up (plus keeping it offline). I don't trust DCCIS to deliver

b_b - stats for your course were as follows:

Course capacity 40, loaded 31, turned up 21. You may not be sure about those figures but I am :D

Polar 69 - Combined class 1 course for Operators - dates should be published on the course calendar in the next few weeks but expect it to be this June.

Polar - there will certainly be someone asking officially for feedback once the course is run - EXVAL is an important point of the whole DSAT approach. It is intended to be about producing supervisors, not about producing computer whizzes though.... Class 2-1 workbooks will need to be signed off for those who come on the first course. Frankly anyone who is ready for this level of course should have done most of the stuff in it anyway.

polar

LE
scaryspice said:
Frankly anyone who is ready for this level of course should have done most of the stuff in it anyway.

If you need a whinge (or the students voices need amplifying), just ask. I'd like to see you succeed

ferry_loon

Old-Salt
scaryspice Your stats are right I was on the course.

I think how this course differed to what others from my unit have done recently is that there were no MATTS done, and no drill.

It was hard, but as BB says it can be done. Wish I'd done more running with weight on before hand, but hey I got through it.

ferry_loon

Old-Salt
As I was leaving Blandford, and telling the blokes who had travelled down with me to do their staffies that I'd not be back for years..(and good riddence to the place), my bubble was burst somewhat by the news that the Seniors course may soon become a Sgts course not a S/Sgts.

I may well be trying to bluff my leadership qualities whilst carrying CFT weight plus log/tyre/f**k-off heavy thing sooner than I hoped.

As anyone else heard this or was I hallucinating because of lack of sleep?

polar said:
scaryspice said:
Frankly anyone who is ready for this level of course should have done most of the stuff in it anyway.

If you need a whinge (or the students voices need amplifying), just ask. I'd like to see you succeed

Thanks Polar - I know you would! Reading my post again though I realise it wasn't clear. I meant anyone who is ready for the course should have done most of the stuff in the workbook not necessarily on the course itself. Not meaning to imply it's all set at a low level and will be dull - I hope this won't be the case.

f_l - sorry mate yes it will become a Sgts' course soon in line with the Regular Corps. It's hoped that this will also help to solve the low numbers problem often seen on this course, as it will be aiming at a younger target audience with higher numbers and hopefully more incentive to pass - i.e. they will need it to become SNCOs. There will of course be transitional arrangements - no don't ask me what they are yet!

Polar69 - you have PM. Basically the answer to this one is ask your PSI and if they don't know tell them to get on to your Regt YofS in 12Gp or your Bde YofS in 2 Sig Bde. 43 Sqn, your PSI will know. 63 Sqn this doesn't apply to you!

ferry_loon

Old-Salt
S_S Thanks for that.

By the time I'm in line to do the course I'll have forgotten the pain of the last course and (like a fool) be looking forward to it. Mind you, Sgts are not something my unit are short of.

Watto - date not set yet. Within next 12 months though. Waiting to see the final versions of the CLM(V) papers before making changes so we don't end up doing it twice!

Polar - good intentions but I suggest you let them do it through their PSIs/YofS to make sure they do get the correct version.

Polar69 and Watto - PM me if you have any trouble getting these workbooks please.

polar

LE
scaryspice said:
Polar69 and Watto - PM me if you have any trouble getting these workbooks please.

Or log onto ArmyNet->Forums->Royal School of Signals thread and follow the instructions.

This course is definatley ALL OPERATORS.

Officer Radio Techniques has been scrapped and replace with an ICS course.

Those wanting REEBOK/EDWIN courses, do your ECDL now.

Latest Threads