Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RS Jnr Cmdr Cse (TA)

Queston.

Why did you partake in the Royal Scots (a now defunct Scottish Regiment) Jnr Cmdr Cse (TA)?

Or did you actually attend the RSigs Jnr Cmdr Cse (TA)?

polar

LE
CaptainPlume said:
While my Op Service & FTRS has not been cap-badge dependant most of the R Signals Juniors & Seniors I know have gone in role so I'd hope the trade skills were being kept up as much as the beasting/warry stuff!

Yes I do know, my comments were at a much more fundamental level. For example making safe/unloading a rifle before entering a COMMCEN, dropping your webbing before entering a COMMCEN/CP but taking your respirator in. Its little things like that we are letting slide by training/exercising in a nice office enviroment.
Recently we struggled to command from the back of a truck as we'd become lazy by normally working from an office, obviously us moving from a truck into a bigger office wouldn't have been a problem. Hence train hard fight easy

Fair enough, Polar. Despite being one of the least warry people you could meet I hated going on scheme in Corsham where PLCE and weapons were banned, allegedly so we didn't scrape the paintwork.

Too often I've gone out where half arrsed attempts were made at doing proper defence plans with only the bits that were compatible with operating were practised. The eternal cry used to go up "oh well, in the real thing we'd get a platoon of infantry/pioneers to do this for us".

Wrong answer...

polar69 said:
Nice one Bb, tell me did you have a nice run up Sgt's mess hill ?

Not sure of names.... but the hill along the back nr Pond bottom was nice steep (well it is when done for the 4th time in a row carrying a log!!!) and muddy!!!! Still finding bits of it in my kit !!!

It was great though and with some great people!!!! Mad Mart the Crazy Manc!!!! You are a star!

:cyclopsani:

Only log run we did was prior to the assualt course, during my debrief my DS said he was impressed that I was the only one not to swap places to rest on the log run, I didn't tell him that my hand was stuck and I couldn't get it out of the toggle loop .Was there a nice surprise after the 3 day exercise ?

polar69 said:
:cyclopsani:

Only log run we did was prior to the assualt course, during my debrief my DS said he was impressed that I was the only one not to swap places to rest on the log run, I didn't tell him that my hand was stuck and I couldn't get it out of the toggle loop .Was there a nice surprise after the 3 day exercise ?

Yep another 2 days in the field!!!!!!! (our end-ex was a little sooner due to lack of people)

Oh and as the ex went on, they made the tasks harder.... quality!

What surprise did you have?

Another night out in some god foresaken corner of Tidworth ! It started pissing it down as soon as I turned the Bedfords engine off ! Then right at the end when we debussed off the coach a nice march n shoot :cyclopsani:

Happy days !

oh dear! That sounded fun!

When we finished our last ex. we were tabbing (fast) to the final obj. and people were already saying "well done" to each other!!!!!!

I on the other hand, didn't believe it was over even when the coach rolled through the gates at Blandford!!!!!!

stabspecial

Swinger
doesnt sound any different to the course i did in 2004 except for the addition of OPTAG training which is a positive one. Maybe your course was full of Biffs!

stabspecial said:
doesnt sound any different to the course i did in 2004 except for the addition of OPTAG training which is a positive one. Maybe your course was full of Biffs!

Well I was on it, so there was at least one :thumright:

stabspecial

Swinger
dont put yourself down, its the masses that have failed that need to worry! seriously though doesnt sound that different to mine, 5 day ex in the field, briefed it would be four. did the whole siting defences etc, lack of sleep induced hallucinations,carried out platoon attack thought it was time for tea and medals after day four, but no! move to new loc dig in again carry out full platoon attack again, then once back straight into the section march and shoot comp etc etc.

stabspecial said:
dont put yourself down, its the masses that have failed that need to worry! seriously though doesnt sound that different to mine, 5 day ex in the field, briefed it would be four. did the whole siting defences etc, lack of sleep induced hallucinations,carried out platoon attack thought it was time for tea and medals after day four, but no! move to new loc dig in again carry out full platoon attack again, then once back straight into the section march and shoot comp etc etc.

Sounds about right, that's how it went in 2005. I don't think they have changed it that much, more emphisis on orders though and rightly so I think.

b_b was this the Cpls' course that formed up on 10 Feb?

I think I'm right in saying that although there were 31 students due to turn up for the course only 21 actually turned up on the day which is very disappointing, so if we're talking about the same course it was not quite the awful RTU rate that it sounds.

Well done on completing the course BTW. Now when you get contacted by the External Valutaion people DO take the trouble to respond - it does make a difference.

Anyone else out there doing a RSignals TA course please do take the trouble to respond if asked after the course for feedback.

Latest Threads